Good To Be Back (1 Viewer)

Checking yourself out AMA (against medical advice) can result in your insurance not covering the medical bill.

Checking yourself out AMA (against medical advice) can result in your insurance not covering the medical bill.

I'm not 100% sure on any of this, but the rehab/nursing home made it sound like I was refusing this new doctor and my rehab only. They may be separate from the hospital. They had people who kept coming into my room saying "oh you're leaving us...here sign this paper" but I held off until 5pm. By then they gave me the rest of my day's meds. Then we signed their little form and high-tailed it out of there. I wouldn't put it past them to charge me for the sausage and perogie lunch with red Hi-C they tried to kill me with after being on a diabetic restricted diet.....

I have an appointment tomorrow with the pulmonary doctor back at the original hospital campus. Hope to find out what happens going forward. I also started getting and paying those stupid little nickle and dime bills on the big list of hospital doctors that worked on me.....35 bucks here, 25 there.....one is for 5 bucks and one is for 50 cents! Gotta make those yacht payments!
The rest is marked as covered by insurance. We'll find out more tomorrow, but I'm sure this is the first of many bills headed my way :oops:

You will be loaded with Bill's you dont even know about. This one hospital I was at had a time clock in it and all day long people would come in my room and click it then ,come back a hour later and click it again. I had a nurse that I was friends with ( always have a friend such as nurse) and she said my doctor probably owed him favor and clock an hour and never say a word with me. I haven't paid them a dime yet.

You will be loaded with Bill's you dont even know about. This one hospital I was at had a time clock in it and all day long people would come in my room and click it then ,come back a hour later and click it again. I had a nurse that I was friends with ( always have a friend such as nurse) and she said my doctor probably owed him favor and clock an hour and never say a word with me. I haven't paid them a dime yet.

I heard a funny whirring noise every time someone walked into my ICU room....timeclock? Security clearance? Keeping track of how many times I bothered them for a cup of water??
Asked my respiratory guy once what it was and he said it was hand sanitizer! Everyone who entered that door had to do it.

Just got back from the pulmonary doctor who did my procedure....everything lung related looks good...more tests in a month. At least mold was off the list of causes. It could be a genetic thing, but tests will confirm.
But these doctors aren't involved with getting my legs and body working again...

I have an appointment tomorrow with the pulmonary doctor back at the original hospital campus. Hope to find out what happens going forward. I also started getting and paying those stupid little nickle and dime bills on the big list of hospital doctors that worked on me.....35 bucks here, 25 there.....one is for 5 bucks and one is for 50 cents! Gotta make those yacht payments!
The rest is marked as covered by insurance. We'll find out more tomorrow, but I'm sure this is the first of many bills headed my way :oops:
I've been getting those too. The percentage I end up being billed is not the same for every doctor because it looks like part of the bill is determined by the doctor or department. It's also eye opening to see what some of them bill your insurance (I'm on Medicare). One doctor in the emergency room billed Medicare $1,955.00 for just his time for the first hour I was there...!

I have a good friend that runs the I.T. department of a big hospital in Phila. One thing he told me was, When you go into the hospital whether it just a hand injury or a long stay, Never give them your social security number! 2 things he explained was, Your S.S. number is your i.d. for their records which means if a hacker got into the system, they got it and #2 that's how they base the billing on your visit. About 7 yrs ago, I paid a visit to the hospital gave them my name, i.d. and handed them my insurance card, They kept insisting that they needed my S.S # and I told them that you have plenty enough information. After refusing to give up my S.S. numerous times, The nurse came back into the room to hand me back my id and insurance card and said, You really have a good insurance plan. My point is, They run your S.S. # to see your financial status and base their billing upon that.

I have a good friend that runs the I.T. department of a big hospital in Phila. One thing he told me was, When you go into the hospital whether it just a hand injury or a long stay, Never give them your social security number! 2 things he explained was, Your S.S. number is your i.d. for their records which means if a hacker got into the system, they got it and #2 that's how they base the billing on your visit. About 7 yrs ago, I paid a visit to the hospital gave them my name, i.d. and handed them my insurance card, They kept insisting that they needed my S.S # and I told them that you have plenty enough information. After refusing to give up my S.S. numerous times, The nurse came back into the room to hand me back my id and insurance card and said, You really have a good insurance plan. My point is, They run your S.S. # to see your financial status and base their billing upon that.

Interesting. I was so sick with double pneumonia that when I drove to the emergency area, I could only walk halfway to the door. I mustered up enough strength to get in, and stood there at check in. They could have got more than my name, rank and serial number if they were enemy soldiers! But everything at the ICU was done by scanning my wrist band....all meds and procedures were cataloged that way. They scan me, scan the medicine, ask me my date of birth for every meal or treatment. A lot of them probably know I voted for Trump from the way I answered when they ask what year is it? Who is the President? :)

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that and all the guys here. Could not wait to get back to a computer (no Iphone) and catch up with the world and drag racing.

BTW, This site has changed 4 times over the last day or so...different smilies, likes only and fonts....not sure why. Could be me o_O

Went to the doc today, got an all clear for my lungs, a little more insulin for the steroids, and a new nebulizer machine and blood sugar test kit.

3 more days and another 10mg of steroids comes off my dose, so it's heading in a good direction. But the legs and feet are swollen by end of day and I got meds for that now.

There are going to be a lot of dust masks and respirators in my future....even if this is my own body causing it. Any pollution is just going to aggravate it.

Makes you wonder what constant exposure to Nitro fumes and tire smoke does to racers and crews health.....

Went to the doc today, got an all clear for my lungs, a little more insulin for the steroids, and a new nebulizer machine and blood sugar test kit.

3 more days and another 10mg of steroids comes off my dose, so it's heading in a good direction. But the legs and feet are swollen by end of day and I got meds for that now.

There are going to be a lot of dust masks and respirators in my future....even if this is my own body causing it. Any pollution is just going to aggravate it.

Makes you wonder what constant exposure to Nitro fumes and tire smoke does to racers and crews health.....
Bob, sounds like your making headway, my legs swell some too and wife found some socks that look and work really well, I will find out where she got and let you know.

Bob, sounds like your making headway, my legs swell some too and wife found some socks that look and work really well, I will find out where she got and let you know.

My doc put me on a very effective water pill....guess you know where I'm spending a lot of my time! But it really takes the Herman Munster out of my legs and feet.
But I have to check my sugar now....because it and my other meds affect that.
Everything little change changes something else. The human body is like a Top Fuel engine...minute adjustments mean the difference between winning and getting smoked ;)

My doc put me on a very effective water pill....guess you know where I'm spending a lot of my time! But it really takes the Herman Munster out of my legs and feet.
But I have to check my sugar now....because it and my other meds affect that.
Everything little change changes something else. The human body is like a Top Fuel engine...minute adjustments mean the difference between winning and getting smoked ;)

HEY BOB......GOOD TO HEAR THINGS ARE IMPROVING.......CAN I PLEASE ASK WHAT WATER PILL THE DOC PUT YOU ON.......WIFEY'S FEET & LEGS SOMETIMES GET LIKE PONTOONS....AND REMEMBER....ONE CHEESEBURGER .....NOT TWO...ALTHOUGH...WHO AM I TO TALK....IN & OUT BURGER.....IT'S TWO SINGLE CHEESEBURGERS PLEASE EXTRA SPREAD.....OR FIVE GUYS WILL DO NO PROBLEM.....

P.S. I MISS THE MUNSTERS.....WISH AMAZON HAD THEM.....

BE GOOD....

Last edited:
Larry, if you are talking about the Munsters TV show, try E Bay. I buy a lot of DVD's from them, mostly "used in good condition". I get some great prices & sometimes free shipping, depending on the vendor. Easy to set up an acc't. No problems with bad DVDs, you either get a refund or replaced with another. I liked the episode that they filmed at Lions Drag Strip, where the coach & the Dragula coffin raced. Silly episode, but hey, it was Lions....

Larry, if you are talking about the Munsters TV show, try E Bay. I buy a lot of DVD's from them, mostly "used in good condition". I get some great prices & sometimes free shipping, depending on the vendor. Easy to set up an acc't. No problems with bad DVDs, you either get a refund or replaced with another. I liked the episode that they filmed at Lions Drag Strip, where the coach & the Dragula coffin raced. Silly episode, but hey, it was Lions....

THANKS CLIFF FOR THE TIP.....HOWEVER.....WIFEY HAS PUT US IN AN APP OR DOWNLOAD OR STREAM WORLD LONG TIME AGO.....AND WE STILL HAVE A LOT OF DVD'S STORED IN THE ATTIC...GOD KNOWS WHY !!!....AND I THINK THE DVD PLAYER'S ARE UP THERE TOO....

THE LIONS EPISODE YOUR REFERRING TO IS.....I THINK......HOT ROD HERMAN.....I MISS LIONS TOO.......MISS ALL THE TRACKS DOWN IN SOCAL...I CAN STILL TASTE THE TORTILLA CHIPS AND SAUCE FROM OCIR FROM WHEN I WAS 8 ?......

HEY BOB......GOOD TO HEAR THINGS ARE IMPROVING.......CAN I PLEASE ASK WHAT WATER PILL THE DOC PUT YOU ON.......WIFEY'S FEET & LEGS SOMETIMES GET LIKE PONTOONS....AND REMEMBER....ONE CHEESEBURGER .....NOT TWO...ALTHOUGH...WHO AM I TO TALK....IN & OUT BURGER.....IT'S TWO SINGLE CHEESEBURGERS PLEASE EXTRA SPREAD.....OR FIVE GUYS WILL DO NO PROBLEM.....

P.S. I MISS THE MUNSTERS.....WISH AMAZON HAD THEM.....

BE GOOD....
He put me on 40mg of Furosemide otherwise known as LASIX, but I also take 0.6mg of Colchcine to keep gout in check.

Hot Rod Herman was one of my favorites. Here's a pic from the hotel ballroom of a NJ show where a gold '32 Ford I did the upholstery and top on was featured...had a cool neighbor

100_7152.JPG
100_7154.JPG

He put me on 40mg of Furosemide otherwise known as LASIX, but I also take 0.6mg of Colchcine to keep gout in check.

Hot Rod Herman was one of my favorites. Here's a pic from the hotel ballroom of a NJ show where a gold '32 Ford I did the upholstery and top on was featured...had a cool neighbor

View attachment 5231View attachment 5232

I LOVE THAT 32....I THINK HOT ROD MAG DID A SPREAD ON IT LAST YEAR...VERY NICE....AND THE UPHOLSTERY IS AWESOME....NICE JOB.....THANK YOU FOR THE PILL INFO....BE WELL...

Thanks Larry! Can't wait to get back to doing upholstery again....I am going to my friend's shop probably by this coming Friday to start with benchwork.
There's a '66 Mustang and a '69 Camaro that are both getting the Pro Touring treatment, and nothing fits after all the chassis mods.
On the '32, Street Rodder did the spread, here is the video from My Classic Car... I finished the blue '34 the night before filming...

Well, I must be doing better, because Mom and Dad are going on the Amtrak Acela back home to Massachusetts tomorrow.....they have been instrumental in my recovery and truly deserve a break from me and all this medical stress. They need to get back to their beds, doctors and grandkid/granddog :)
Meanwhile, I have to contend with all these meds and upcoming tests, but I have my lists and schedules helping keep track.
I am able to ascend and descend the 14 stairs I have, and am back driving. Gotta charge up the lawn tractor's battery and get the lawn mowed while it's dry out.
Work starts Friday or Saturday on whatever basis I am useful to them. Monday I have to put trim on a roof of a 1920's Oakland, so balance on my platforms is going to be key. I spent part of today restoring a dead bathroom fan while up on a stepstool, and was pretty steady. All my customers have been so patient, but now it's time to get the $$$$ coming in again. Those doctor's bills are gonna clog up my mailbox soon enough!
Thanks for every encouraging thought guys......now time to make picks for the upcoming race:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back