Gilbertson's Leak??? (1 Viewer)

Spider

Nitro Member
Why didn't he get shut off for the clearly visable fuel leak he had, I think it was in the second round???

Greg Anderson got shut off for a oil leak though.........

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on that for me.......

I do apologize if this has been mentioned in a previous post....I didn't see it anywhere.

THANKS

Fuel is a little different then oil.. If that was oil, he would have been shut down. Nitro you can wipe it up or blow it off and it will evaporate (sp) without much problem.

S%*t drips sometimes dude...

dude, I understand things drip sometimes....but if oil drips are different than fuel leaks, then why last year in Pomona 2, when Capps had a noticable fuel leak where Ace wrapped a glove around it...why was he so afraid of getting shut of???

A leak is a leak........oil, water, fuel.........I thought a leak no matter what it was.....was an automatic shut off

dude, I understand things drip sometimes....but if oil drips are different than fuel leaks, then why last year in Pomona 2, when Capps had a noticable fuel leak where Ace wrapped a glove around it...why was he so afraid of getting shut of???

A leak is a leak........oil, water, fuel.........I thought a leak no matter what it was.....was an automatic shut off

He was probably more afraid of getting it in the groove under the tires. Wasn't that Indy though??

the Capps deal was at Indy, and NO you dont get shut down for fuel, Fuel is spilled on the track almost after every TFD burnout it will just evaporate.

I have pretty much taken a shower from time to time while scubbing tires from the raw fuel depending on the tune up.

I cant remember who it was or where I was at but I have seen Rick send a car with raw fuel pouring right out of the headers like a faucet.

Last edited:

There are no "automatic" shut offs in NHRA, in case you haven't figured it out yet....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back