Where was Greg Anderson During Jasons 2 rnd Run? (1 Viewer)

preacher

Nitro Member
Didn't it seem odd to you that after Greg was shut off with a oil leak that he was interviewed walking back to the pits in what seemed like the middle of nowhere while Jason was staging his car and ready to make his run?

It seems to me that his crew must have been pushing his car back and he had no interest in seeing his "Team mate" run :(

That part of the show is taped and I'm sure it was probably after Jason had run, althought since he put some oil on the track there may have been some time between runs

They need to clear the starting line and get the car out of the lanes so it can be difficult to hang around to see others run.

He was also probably a little pi$$ed off and wanted some alone time.

Don't forget that being on tv and being taped things don't always happen in the order that they appear too. That could have happened during the clean up and maybe he did just need to walk and clear his head, no fault in that.

I'm no KB fan but for heaven's sake, give the guy a break!
He's leading the points and heading towards the possibility of another sweep and a stupid glitch sidlines him? How frustrating could that be? Even if it wasn't misinterpreted by taped delay coverage, as has been mentioned, Greg is allowed to have emotions and that's the perfect time for a little frustration.

what i thought was interesting is Jason seem to take it harder than greg, even after jason had just won his race. those two have always appeared to be very loyal to each others car !!

jf

He's leading the points and heading towards the possibility of another sweep and a stupid glitch sidlines him? How frustrating could that be? Even if it wasn't misinterpreted by taped delay coverage, as has been mentioned, Greg is allowed to have emotions and that's the perfect time for a little frustration.
Nicely said.

Count me in Doc, I agree....:cool:

As usual, you hit it right on the head.

However, I now can disclose the truth. Greg had an appointment to beam up to the mothership for another load of unobtanium.

Of course I'm kidding, but I've often seen statements just about as loony as that when the detractor chorus gets all tuned up.

Somebody tell me: How come Austin Coil's a genius and Greg is always getting ragged on?

Looks like the same deal to me - plenty of money to buy the brains and technology needed. However, more important than cubic dollars is the judgement to know WHOSE brains and WHICH technology. I admire both Austin and Greg for having exactly that.

Didn't it seem odd to you that after Greg was shut off with a oil leak that he was interviewed walking back to the pits in what seemed like the middle of nowhere while Jason was staging his car and ready to make his run?

It seems to me that his crew must have been pushing his car back and he had no interest in seeing his "Team mate" run :(

I walked by Greg Anderson when that interview was going on; I can promise you that it was after Pro Stock had finished; as someone already said in this thread "things don't always happen in the order that they appear".

I was there and can give you a first-hand account of what happened.

GA oiled down the waterbox and the first 100 feet or so of the lane. His car was dead in the water (literally) and had to be pushed back into the staging lanes to make room for the cleanup. Greg took off his helmet, helped in the push, hooked up the tow strap, and then steered his car back to the pit area. It would have been wrong for him to watch JL's run because his crippled car was in the way.

JL switched lanes and put Dave Connolly where Anderson was. Connolly shook hard allowing Jason the easy win. At that point, I went directly to the Line/Anderson pit to await Jason's return. Anderson was in the trailer and his car was up on the jack. JL arrived and the crew immediately began servicing the car for the next round matchup with Jim Yates.

Jason had a look of concern and went directly into the trailer. Within seconds the two emerged and the expression on his face indicated JL was far more disturbed than GA. It almost looked like he was waiting for GA to explode. Instead, GA went immediately to work on the Line car's motor, pulling out plugs. The two were conversing and I saw GA crack a smile or two. It appeared as if he had shrugged off the incident as part of racing and he was already back to business of getting his teammate's car ready for competition.

A couple of minutes later, an NHRA official arrived on a scooter. He walked directly up to GA as he worked and there was a brief exchange that I could not hear. Whatever was said did not appear to be of any consequence to GA as he continued his work unfazed. About a dozen autograph seekers had congregated at that point...both GA and JL left the cars and spent a few minutes signing before going back to the car. If GA was upset about what befell his car in round 2 it was impossible to tell by his public behavior. This team is 100% professional.

I spend most of my `cruising' time in the Pro Stock pits, avoiding the mass of spectators around the fuel cars. After much observation over the past 3-4 seasons, I tend to believe that GA is the crewchief on JL's car and vice versa. That's what it looks like based on the work being done. It is a very interesting dynamic and makes me suspect that JL may have felt GA's oil leak was ultimately his responsibility.

Somebody tell me: How come Austin Coil's a genius and Greg is always getting ragged on?

... or how 'bout that Alan Johnson guy? I engaged in an argument on a different message board about this very thing a couple years back when all the "Greg must be cheating" garbage was being bantered about. Meanwhile, Tony Schumacher had a much larger points lead in Top Fuel! It's comical, really.

Thanks for all the imput Guy's. I'm in no way a Greg Anderson basher ( I in fact really admire the guy and we see him at at least 4 events a year) but sometimes perception seems to be reality to the viewer.

It seems to me the way ESPN put the events together on tape came off a little odd? I was watching the race with others and they came to the same conclusion as my first post.

I own a two car team and I'm crew chief for my daughter so we are maybe over sensitive;)

Greg's and Jason's desire to win is admirable. This is not the first time this desire has been demonstrated on tv.

I was there and can give you a first-hand account of what happened.

GA oiled down the waterbox and the first 100 feet or so of the lane. His car was dead in the water (literally) and had to be pushed back into the staging lanes to make room for the cleanup. Greg took off his helmet, helped in the push, hooked up the tow strap, and then steered his car back to the pit area. It would have been wrong for him to watch JL's run because his crippled car was in the way.

JL switched lanes and put Dave Connolly where Anderson was. Connolly shook hard allowing Jason the easy win. At that point, I went directly to the Line/Anderson pit to await Jason's return. Anderson was in the trailer and his car was up on the jack. JL arrived and the crew immediately began servicing the car for the next round matchup with Jim Yates.

Jason had a look of concern and went directly into the trailer. Within seconds the two emerged and the expression on his face indicated JL was far more disturbed than GA. It almost looked like he was waiting for GA to explode. Instead, GA went immediately to work on the Line car's motor, pulling out plugs. The two were conversing and I saw GA crack a smile or two. It appeared as if he had shrugged off the incident as part of racing and he was already back to business of getting his teammate's car ready for competition.

A couple of minutes later, an NHRA official arrived on a scooter. He walked directly up to GA as he worked and there was a brief exchange that I could not hear. Whatever was said did not appear to be of any consequence to GA as he continued his work unfazed. About a dozen autograph seekers had congregated at that point...both GA and JL left the cars and spent a few minutes signing before going back to the car. If GA was upset about what befell his car in round 2 it was impossible to tell by his public behavior. This team is 100% professional.

I spend most of my `cruising' time in the Pro Stock pits, avoiding the mass of spectators around the fuel cars. After much observation over the past 3-4 seasons, I tend to believe that GA is the crewchief on JL's car and vice versa. That's what it looks like based on the work being done. It is a very interesting dynamic and makes me suspect that JL may have felt GA's oil leak was ultimately his responsibility.
excellent post mike! i cant agree more about this teams professionalism and heart. whenever i go by the summit teams pit at e town, greg and jason always find time for the fans, and they still tune each others car to run as best as possible. no funny stuff, just hard working guys, kickin butt and takin names! go team summit!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back