Gilbertson Parts With Autolite/prestone (2 Viewers)

Geez....whos next???

Thats really too bad for him...hope he finds something else soon!

Geez....whos next???

Thats really too bad for him...hope he finds something else soon!

I would not really call this a loss. It has been reported the $$ Gilby was getting was far less then what a major sponsor pays for a side of a car. Gilby ran a limited schedule last year and it looks like he will do the same this year.

I wo

Would not really call this a loss. It has been reported the $$ Gilby was getting was far less then what a major sponsor pays for a side of a car. Gilby ran a limited schedule last year and it looks like he will do the same this year.

Good point. He might be better served having the opportunity to look for sufficient support to run the entire schedule. He was obviously short-funded last year.

I wish him well...he's a good guy.

No matter how big or little the amount of sponsorship dollars there are that's less money out of his pocket.

It's a bummer that Honeywell is gone.

Good luck to Gilby in finding someone else. Hope it happens soon.

PS - Welcome back Nicky. ;)

You may be right, but at least this way he'll have the freedom to seek full time support. I'd love to see him back...full time.

John, based on Gilby's comments, I think he WAS looking for full-time support the whole time he had AutoLite on the side of his car. Everyone was speculating about how much money he got from Honeywell and now we know it was just Associate Sponsor money, not Full Sponsorship dollars, so that explains his cutting back on the schedule last year completely. AutoLite and Fram were getting plenty of exposure when his car attended events. You are right, it might be the kick in the you know what to go out and find Full Sponsorship, and based on the recent hire of some woman from the NASCAR world of racing, that looks exactly like what he is doing. Good Luck Gilby and Terminator Motorsports!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back