Jim Head's Capsulized Fc Cockpit (1 Viewer)

Looks like a very good idea to me. I've always wondered why nobody ever sealed off the areas between the tubes from the driver since it seems like it would be so easy for a piece of something to hit the driver.

They say they aren't worried about the weight penalty. I tend to agree with them in that I keep hearing crew chiefs say they make more power than they can use anyway. In fact, I wonder if the additional weight will put a bit more load on the engine, helping to keep the candles lit all the way. It will be interesting to see how the car runs tomorrow under competition conditions.

They say they aren't worried about the weight penalty. I tend to agree with them in that I keep hearing crew chiefs say they make more power than they can use anyway. In fact, I wonder if the additional weight will put a bit more load on the engine, helping to keep the candles lit all the way. It will be interesting to see how the car runs tomorrow under competition conditions.

might have to wait till vegas for that David.....Jim qualified 17th

might have to wait till vegas for that David.....Jim qualified 17th

Woops. Haven't bothered to look at the qualifying results yet. :eek: Mebbe I ought to go and do that. :D

Just got home from southern Minnesota, where I've been out of touch all day. and came straight here.

Doh!!:eek:

Jim Head is drag racing royalty as far as I'm concerned! I may be wrong, but I believe he invented the top fuel wing that extends in front of the chassis. Who knows what else he's come up with that's commonly used in fuel racing.

Jim Head is an innovator. I have enjoyed seeing the stuff that he has come up with over the years.

Jim Head is a rare combination of simple smarts and engineering skills. Most people have one or the other. He has both and it shows. Seems a well thought out process.

This is not to knock the other "fix" with the extra tubing because it simply might be a case of they never thought of it.

jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back