Gilbertson returns to NHRA Tour at Sonoma (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
GILBERTSON RETURNS TO NHRA TOUR AT SONOMA

Sonoma, prerace: After skipping the past four races on the NHRA tour due to funding issues, Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson will return to competition this weekend at the FRAM/Autolite Nationals at Infinion Raceway.

Gilbertson, who's nitro Funny Car is sponsored by Autolite Spark Plugs and Prestone Antifreeze, is looking for good results at his sponsor's race.

"Like most of the other racers out there I really enjoy going to Infinion," Gilbertson said. "It's one of the nicest tracks on the circuit, it's nestled in the heart of wine country and the racing surface is second to none. We've had some luck there in the past and hopefully we'll be able to make the folks from Honeywell happy with our performance. Our car has been running good lately and with a little luck we should be able to go some rounds become a spoiler in the points chase."

Gilbertson's crew chief, Tommy Delago, is from northern California and wants to do well at his home track.

"I'd like nothing better than to run good at Infinion," Delago added. "My goal is to qualify well, go rounds and give Gilby a car he can win with. Infinion is a really good track and if you have your set-up right you can run big numbers there, I'm looking forward to the Friday night session."

TELEVISION SCHEDULE:

Saturday, July 28th Qualifying 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM ET (ESPN2)

Sunday, July 29th Eliminations 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM ET (ESPN2)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back