Gilbertson looking to break the bank in Vegas (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Gilbertson looking to break the bank in Las Vegas

Las Vegas, prerace: Nitro Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson is looking to cash in big time this weekend at the ACDelco Nationals at the Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and he's got good reasons to believe that he can hit the jackpot.

Gilbertson is coming off a race in Rockingham, N.C. last weekend where he dominated the field by setting Low ET, Top Speed, winning the race and running the quickest time every round. Gilbertson hopes that the momentum will carry over and make him a spoiler in the points battle.

"Our performance last weekend proved to us that Tommy D (Delago, crew chief) has a handle on the tune-up and we're looking to make some noise in Vegas," Gilbertson said. "I'm confident that we'll be able to qualify well and if the driver does his job, who knows what could happen, we might even be able to win this deal."

Gilbertson will be campaigning his old reliable Monte Carlo body for both this race and the season-ending World Finals the following weekend in Pomona, Calif. as he has an easier time seeing down track in the Chevy than he does with the Dodge Stratus.

"After driving the Monte Carlo last weekend I realized how much more I could see compared to the Dodge," Gilbertson added. "We're going to put the Autolite/Prestone graphics on the Monte and hopefully I'll be able to drive it to the winner's circle."

Television Coverage:

Saturday, Oct. 27th Qualifying 10 PM - 12 AM ET (ESPN2)

Sunday, Oct. 28th Final Eliminations 7 PM - 10 PM ET (ESPN2)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back