Gilbertson to run last three NHRA races (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Gilbertson to re-join NHRA tour at Richmond

Richmond, prerace: After skipping a few races on the NHRA circuit due to financial concerns, nitro Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson will compete at the last three races on the schedule starting at this weekend's Torco Racing Fuels NHRA Nationals at Virginia Motorsports Park.

Buoyed by the way his car has been running the past two weeks at events in Michigan and Maryland, Gilbertson is looking for good results from his Autolite/Prestone Dodge Stratus.

"We ran our best ever 60 foot and 330' numbers last weekend and if the track will hold it I'm sure we'll be able to make some noise at VMP," Gilbertson said. "It's been a long time since I've been to the track as I had to put a substitute driver (Frank Pedregon) in the car last year due to the race being rained out on the original date. I was scheduled to be at my son Jake's motocross race in Las Vegas on the rain out date that I couldn't miss so I'm looking forward to going to Richmond this year and maybe even becoming a spoiler in the Countdown points battle."

"Hopefully it won't rain again this weekend as I'm facing the same situtation as last year," Gilbertson added. "Jake and the rest of the Trick Tank motocross team will be racing in Vegas the following weekend and with the recent drought we're having in the southeast I don't think it will rain and even though we desperately need the rain I hope it holds off so we can get this race in as scheduled."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back