Gilbertson re-joins NHRA Tour in Joliet (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
GILBERTSON RE-JOINS NHRA TOUR IN JOLIET

Chicago, prerace: After skipping a few races on the NHRA tour due to financial concerns, Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson will return to competition at this weekend's Torco Racing Fuels Route 66 NHRA Nationals.

Gilbertson is really looking forward to getting back to racing at the track where he's recorded career best elapsed times and speeds.

"Route 66 has always been good to me," Gilbertson said. "Traditionally Route 66 has been the quickest and fastest track that we run on all year and every Funny Car team out there will be swinging for the fences so we've got our work cut out for us. Just to qualify will be a major accomplishment and hopefully we'll be able to get in the show and race on Sunday."

Gilbertson's crew chief, Tommy Delago, is optimistically confident about the team's chances this weekend.

"We're making a lot of power but we've had some problems applying it to the track but I really think we've got a handle on the combination and there's no better track than Chicago to prove it," Delago added. "With any luck we'll be able to get down the track and make some noise at Route 66."

TELEVISION SCHEDULE:

Qualifying Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM ET (ESPN2)

Eliminations Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM ET (ESPN2)

I think Derrick Coleman said it best when he played for the Charlotte Hornets.
**Warning: This is a very obscure reference. It has absolutely nothing to do with a roll of plastic, a bottle of Wesson Oil, and a live chicken. You can use a feather duster if a live chicken is not readliy available.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back