Parts breakage ruins Gilbertson's chances at Cayuga (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Parts breakage ruins Gilbertson's chances at Cayuga

CAYUGA, Ontario, Canada -- It was another disappointing weekend for Bob Gilbertson at the IHRA Canadian Nationals at Cayuga Dragway this past weekend as parts breakage thwarted his chances of winning at the site of his first IHRA win in 1991.

Gilbertson, who qualified in the No. 3 spot just three hundredths out of first, was way out in front of his first round opponent when the bolts that hold the lower blower pulley sheared off mid-run.

"The engine just shut off," Gilbertson said. "It was on it's way to a 4.8 second run when all of a sudden I was thrown forward, I had no idea what happened. When we got to the end of the track we found the blower pulley hanging on the belt and realized that for the second time this year that a set of six bolts cost me the win. This is a very unusual thing to happen and for it to happen twice is hard to believe. If luck was money I'd be broke right now but all we can do is try to rectify the situation and make sure it doesn't happen again."

Gilbertson and his Autolite/Prestone team will be competition in a match race this Saturday at Carolina Dragway in Jackson, S.C. and have the opportunity to fix the problem and hopefully get the car back up to speed in front of a home town crowd.

"I'm really looking forward to racing at "The House of Hook" and putting on a good show for the Carolina fans." Gilbertson added. "This race will allow us to fix the problem and make sure we're ready for the remaining races on both the IHRA and NHRA circuit."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back