Gilbertson's Epping Pre-race release (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
GILBERTSON & "JUNGLE JIM" TRIBUTE CAR HEADING TO EPPING FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN NATIONALS

Epping, prerace: For the first time in almost 30 years the "Jungle Jim" Funny Car show will return to New England Dragway for this weekend's North American Nationals as nitro Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson will be campaigning his wild new Jungle Jim tribute car at the legendary track in Epping, New Hampshire.

Gilbertson debuted the car at the U.S. Nationals last weekend to rave reviews and the response was so great Gilbertson has decided to run the car for the rest of the season so fans all across the country can have a chance to see the car in person.

"Jungle ran a lot at Epping up to the time of his untimely death in 1977 and being that this is the first time in many years that nitro Funny Cars have run there I decided to give the rabid New England fans up there a chance to relive the glory days and remember drag racing's ultimate showman. Who knows, maybe Jungle will be riding along with me and inspire me to do a killer burnout?"

Gilbertson and his co-crew chiefs, the "Super Mario Brothers" Nicky Boninfante Jr. and Tommy "Tubby" Delago can't wait to get to Epping and hopefully put the fabulous Bobby G and the XPs in the winners circle and climb their way to the top of the eMax IHRA points standings.

"Epping is a good track, I've run there many times in the past and we're looking to make some noise up there, our goal is to set the IHRA record, win the race and move up to the top in the points and I don't think that it's an unreasonable expectation," Boninfante added. "Our car is running good as evidenced by our performance last week and I'm confident that we've got what it takes to win the North American Nationals."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back