Gilbertson looking to gain ground in Oklahoma (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
GILBERTSON LOOKING TO GAIN GROUND IN OKLAHOMA

Bob Gilbertson, driver of the Autolite Spark Plugs/Prestone Antifreeze/Trick Tank nitro Funny Car, is a man on a mission going into the Inaugural Skull Shine Sooner Nationals at Tulsa Raceway Park. After what he considers to be a poor start at the first two races of the 11-race IHRA Knoll Gas-Torco Racing Fuels series, Gilbertson is looking to climb his way back to the top and he's optimistically confident at his chances.

Gilbertson and his Terminator Motorsports team will have an extra week to prepare for Tulsa due to the postponement of the NHRA Bristol event and they're all anticipating a great weekend of racing in the Sooner state.

"This is going to be cool racing at a track that I've never been to," Gilbertson said. "I'd really like to leave Tulsa with the Iron Man trophy in my hand, winning the inaugural national event at a new track is something that people will remember for a long, long time and I want them to remember Gilby as being the first nitro Funny Car champion there."

Gilbertson and his crew chief Tommy Delago are also looking to re-set the IHRA World Record which they currently hold at 4.841 seconds at 318.09 mph. Gilbertson has run a best of 4.762 seconds so that goal is not out of reach.

"The extra 20 bonus points we get for setting the E.T. record will really help us out in the points and since we're only 62 points out of first every run is going to count in Tulsa," Delago added. "If we can set the record, win the last man standing points on Friday and Saturday and go some rounds on Sunday we should be able to take over the top spot. We've just got to see what the track holds in store for us when we get there and which ever team figures it out first will have the advantage. Hopefully it will be us."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back