Gilbertson Looking for Vengeance at World Nationals (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
GILBERTSON LOOKING FOR VENGEANCE AT WORLD NATIONALS

Norwalk, prerace: Nitro Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson heads into this weekend's 29th Annual Skull Gear World Nationals at Norwalk Raceway Park with revenge on his mind.

He has the entire Funny Car field in his sights and is especially gunning for Dale Creasy and Jack Wyatt, both drivers who are ahead of Gilbertson in the eMax points standings and have both beaten him earlier this year.

Gilbertson, who is only 59 points out of first, knows that he's got to out-qualify them, beat them in the early rounds and win the race to be in the battle for the championship coming down the stretch.

"It's crunch time," Gilbertson said. "We're going into Norwalk loaded for bear. I lost to both Creasy and Wyatt earlier this year and we're going to do whatever it takes to regain the ground we've lost and move up in the points. We've got the parts, the team is pumped up and if I do my job behind the wheel I'm confident that we'll have the car to beat in Norwalk."

Gilbertson's co-crew chiefs Nicky Boninfante Jr. and Tom Delago are equally optimistic about the World Nationals.

"Norwalk has traditionally been a great track and if the weather cooperates I'm sure you'll see some big numbers from our car," Boninfante added. "We've got a great hot weather tune-up and we're looking for a new IHRA national record to help us in the points battle and if the record is going to be set, Norwalk is the place."

TELEVISION SCHEDULE:

Saturday, September 9th 6 pm - 7 pm ET SPEED TV

Monday, September, 11th 5 pm - 6 pm ET SPEED TV (Repeat)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back