Gilbertson Runner-up at Torco Race Fuels Northern Nationals. (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
GILBERTSON RUNNER-UP AT TORCO RACE FUELS IHRA NORTHERN NATIONALS, CLIMBS TO THIRD IN EMAX POINTS STANDINGS

Martin, postrace: Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson found his groove at the Torco Race Fuels IHRA Northern Nationals this past weekend at Michigan's US 131 Dragway with a runner-up finish that vaulted him into third in the eMax points standings.

Gilbertson defeated Terry Haddock then favorite Mike Ashley in the early rounds before losing to Jack Wyatt in the final when his Autolite/Prestone Dodge Stratus smoked the tires at half-track due to track conditions.

"Lane choice played a big part in the final round," Gilbertson said. "We had to run right after the Jet Truck made a pass in the right lane and evidently there was still some jet fuel residue on the track that caused us to go up in smoke," Gilbertson said. "Doug Foley's Top Fuel car smoked the tires right behind us in the same lane and it's a shame. They had a great race track all weekend and ruined it by letting the jet run before the finals."

"Anyway, that's racing," Gilbertson added. "If we had run quicker in the semi's we would have had lane choice, I've got to congratulate Jack Wyatt, he's beaten me twice this year and I just want to let him know I'll be hunting for him at Norwalk."

TELEVISION COVERAGE:

Saturday, August 26th 4 pm ET SPEED TV

Repeat Monday, August 27th 5 pm ET SPEED TV

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back