Gainesville Audiocast? (1 Viewer)

Was just on DRC, drizzle interupted first round Stock. first round TA is in jepardy.

Lee
Nitroclovers

I am no weatherman, but if you look at the radar and loop the radar you can clearly see it doesn't look good for today. There is a ton of green, orange, and red colors in the Gulf of Mexico heading towards Gainesville. This should make tomorrow an interesting day of qualifying, much like Phoenix, if today is rained out.

Eh, last year was the first time I can remember it being THAT bad. Most of the time it was the fall race that got it.

No need to worry about rain. Since I'm attending Baytown, it will NOT rain. I already have my order in. It just doesn't rain when I go to an event.

Well, except for that one time at Brainerd . . . and Indy . . . and Vegas. Crap, never mind.

it is not raining in gainsville.... that's snow that just doesn't know how to say fluffy. let's see, in the last 2 years at VMP, 8 days at the track, was rained on 4 days, and friday night 06 part2, got so cold that T/F cars pulled out of line. friday 07 only got one hit, and then we lost power (rotflmao)

if anything can go wrong, it will with mom nature in charge... and to think I blew 1/2 a vacation day to stay home and listen to a scratchy PA re broadcast.

d'kid

Not trying to derail this excellent moan session, but on a related note, does anyone know what NHRA does (if anything) for fans who bought 3 day or multi-day tickets and one of the days is rained out. It's not like they can let you apply your ticket towards the next day if you already bought it. Do they let you apply it or use it the following year? Just wondering.

I hope to be there tomorrow morning and hope the puddles are gone for the most part, although I suspect the Sportsman pits will be a mudhole mess. Probably the grass parking lots too. Fun. :rolleyes:

Not trying to derail this excellent moan session, but on a related note, does anyone know what NHRA does (if anything) for fans who bought 3 day or multi-day tickets and one of the days is rained out.

I've had Saturday washed out in Brainerd once, and they didn't do anything. You pays youse money, you takes youse chances.........

Stand in line on the way out, and you get a ticket for the following year for the rained out day only. If the whole weekend rains out, you're golden the next weekend. The ##### is, if you had reserved seats, it's cheaper to buy 3 day package instead of two and the freebie.

And if any of the Pro cars run, you're SOL

d'kid

Aggrevating to say the least :( We headed to the car at 2pm....got there at 930am or so. I hope tomorrow is clear.

Last edited:
I find it rediculous that NHRA can't make a marginal call and have the Pro's go first instead of sportsman when they know it's a good possibility of rain in the forcast just let all the pros know Thursday to have their stuff ready to go by Friday morning because of the strong possibility that it will rain.
I understand that some tracks are on strict curfews but for tracks that are out in the middle of nowhere with no such restrictions shouldn't have a problem!

Aggrevating to say the least :( We headed to the car at 2pm....got there at 930am or so. I hope tomorrow is clear.

Could be worse. I've sat a whole lot longer at Columbus and Indy before TPTB finally decided to pull the plug.

I find it rediculous that NHRA can't make a marginal call and have the Pro's go first instead of sportsman when they know it's a good possibility of rain in the forcast just let all the pros know Thursday to have their stuff ready to go by Friday morning because of the strong possibility that it will rain.
I understand that some tracks are on strict curfews but for tracks that are out in the middle of nowhere with no such restrictions shouldn't have a problem!

Then "some people" would complain that NHRA was just doing it for the money as the refund policy calls for no refunds or credit if ONE round of Pro qualifying is completed on either Friday or Saturday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back