Ford OUT of NHRA? (1 Viewer)

What has Tasca done? Outside of drag racing, who else knows the Tasca name? Many people out there know the name, "John Force," even if they don't exactly know what he does.

Tasca's performance and John's performance the last couple of years are about the same, crappy. DSR and Cruz have consistently outperformed JFR the last 2 years. John said last night that he is moving on from Ford and looking to start a relationship with someone else.

Bottom line is it is about selling cars. Funnycars don't sell cars. Especially when you can not tell what they are supposed to be.

Tasca's performance and John's performance the last couple of years are about the same, crappy. DSR and Cruz have consistently outperformed JFR the last 2 years. John said last night that he is moving on from Ford and looking to start a relationship with someone else.

Ok, how many people outside of drag racing know the Tasca name? Tasca's lack of performance through this deal will hurt him, but again, most people know the name, "John Force."

John and his team will be driving Traxxis electric cars in 2015. They will totally revolutionize drag racing from what it is today. The plans they are working on are totally amazing. John will once again show that the brain trust (not him) he has is superior to everyone else out there......way way out there.

I read some rumblings that this came about after a new exec was hired and he said it's better to funnel the money into NASCRAP.

After hearing this news screw Ford! They lost a future potential customer. :mad:

I read some rumblings that this came about after a new exec was hired and he said it's better to funnel the money into NASCRAP.

After hearing this news screw Ford! They lost a future potential customer. :mad:

"Screw Ford?" Because they are pulling out fuel racing? When was the last time you bought a Nitro Funny Car from a Ford dealership? Ford is staying in sportsman racing where 99% of us race (I.E your avatar).

I'm not surprised. Ford is a for profit company with share holders. Businesses look at cost per impression when reviewing advertising budgets. I'm afraid we will see more companies leaving the pro ranks and maybe staying with sportsmen racing. Why - look at the stands and look at the TV ratings. There's been an exit from the sport going on for years and no one at NHRA seems to care. If they do it doesn't seem like they have a plan to attract new blood.

To quote a comment made sometime ago while standing in our trailer with a group of owners/drivers/crew chiefs during a rain delay. "NHRA needs to pull it together if they don't one day they'll hold a race and the stands will be empty - we better learn to turn left, play golf or get a job."

running the first GM Volt body in drag racing? :eek:

How well is the Tesla company doing? Well enough for a Nitro budget? :D

Check NASDAQ under TSLA. If MOPAR/DSR can make a Charger 4-door into a fuel coupe body, why not the Model S? And the forthcoming Model X would be a great support vehicle. The sister company, SpaceX, make rockets so there is a great tie-in with 10-foot header flames. Maybe I can grease some wheels up the chain of command??

On the Ford side...very, very disappointed in their decision especially growing up in a Ford house my entire life. I get it 100%, though. No matter how well Force/Tasca/Wilkerson do at promoting the brand in the nitro ranks, NHRA has had ample opportunity to better equip themselves at exemplifying the "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" philosophy with regard to servicing the manufacturers and never, ever stepped up to the plate.

At the end of the day it's all about ROI. How many cars has Ford sold as a result of their sponsorship of Tasca or Force? If it was enough to cover the cost of their involvement and then some, Ford would not be leaving. ROI on advertising isn't always easy to track, but a mega company like Ford has some basics to figure out what's working and what's not.

Didn't someone say Ford would stick with the sportsmen program? Oh yeah, that was me. Tasca does have a cobra jet they've races. Maybe Bob III will go back to stock or SS, which is where Tasca Ford started out back in the 60s.

Bob could also run Nostalgia Nitro or go back to Alky.

I doubt either of those will ever happen, just my opinion. When this first came about, Tasca did say he wasn't going anywhere, and there would be announcements when the time was right, which may mean not until next year. The one good thing is Ford made this move now, instead of a year from now, giving racers almost a year and a half headsup.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back