Force racing on hiatus? (1 Viewer)

I have no inside information but, there is a precedent for a former World Champion to be granted late entry, even up to the day of the event.

Again, I have no personal knowledge of this case, but John, Robert and Brittany are all former (or current) Champs.

Alan

This leads one to believe there is still negotiations going on with sponsors. Or limited to no sponsors for this team for the rest of 2020.

Last edited:
So totally speculation on my part. I didn't even know anything was going on with them possibly not making it, but I guess it wouldn't be a Peak thing. They're trying to get Twitter followers up and just hit up the JFR guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200706-185816.png
    Screenshot_20200706-185816.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 104
So totally speculation on my part. I didn't even know anything was going on with them possibly not making it, but I guess it wouldn't be a Peak thing. They're trying to get Twitter followers up and just hit up the JFR guys.
Their lack of tweets involving the upcoming events tells us they won’t be attending. I think it must be a team health decision than a lack of money issue. I respect his decision but it is kind of shocking.

If Tasca is positive for Covid 19 he may not be the only one! John IS in his seventies and in the At Risk group.

Love or hate Force - I have to say dipping into corporate profits to make payroll speaks volumes about how he treats his employees. I thought that was a stand up thing to do.

NHRA made a major mistake in cutting qualifying numbers. Without the big show they have nothing. The sportsman racing can't carry the whole load.
Now that JFR may sit out, I remember watching an interview with JF after the Indy races were announced and I thought it was odd that he said, “when we get back to racing, whenever that is” and that he “was putting his own money into his program to keep it afloat”....seemed odd at the time, but makes sense now if he knew the sponsorship was on hold

Seems weird that it would be all the major sponsors though. I would figure Chevy is the main one hurting right now. All the car makers are getting kicked in the teeth pretty hard from what I've read.

I'd say it's Business Decision for JF to shut down racing for the year and keep his people on payroll, then to race out of pocket. On top of this consider the expense of wadding just one car, this could very easily happen.

I say it's a good decision on John's part.

I don’t blame him. It’s going to be a disruptive season anyway and I bet a few more race locations will cancel events. Plus, there will be a lot of 130 degree race tracks so I expect the entertainment value to suffer. It won’t be the same without his teams though. The sport is in trouble anyway. You need to be a millionaire business owner to make it.

I'd say it's Business Decision for JF to shut down racing for the year and keep his people on payroll, then to race out of pocket. On top of this consider the expense of wadding just one car, this could very easily happen.

I say it's a good decision on John's part.
I would think most of his payroll has been laid off. I’m guessing he is getting very little if any sponsorship money since he is not competing on the tour. He may be paying his people out of his own pocket but that is a pretty large payroll. I’m guessing if he did lay off employees of the race team, we may see them pop up with some other teams.

Everybody has to realize that nobody knows what will happen, we're all dealing with it one day at a time no matter if it's drag racing, football or your own personal life. Force's decision to park his teams is a smart move IMHO, NHRA should do the same. Should be interesting to see how they handle his absence on the TV show this weekend.

Everybody has to realize that nobody knows what will happen, we're all dealing with it one day at a time no matter if it's drag racing, football or your own personal life. Force's decision to park his teams is a smart move IMHO, NHRA should do the same. Should be interesting to see how they handle his absence on the TV show this weekend.
I'm sure some of those employees are pulling down some pretty heavy bucks. How long can he hold on to them without funding?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back