Force racing on hiatus? (4 Viewers)

I also heard this from a strong source as well earlier on and by the time I logged in this was already posted. Interested to see how this season unfolds if that team takes the year off, if/when DSR does you might as well pull the plug on a 2020 NHRA season.

NHRA made a major mistake in cutting qualifying prize money. Without the big show they have nothing. The sportsman racing can't carry the whole load.

Last edited:
Torrence has tweeted to indicate they would be there. No comp plus is reporting that Tasca has the coronavirus and Lindbergh is filling in.

Much as I had hoped some or all of John's team would be at Indy, just heard from a person connected to NHRA (not connected to JFR) that the Force teams will not be at Indy. Don't know the reason. I had hoped the rumors were wrong.

Much as I had hoped some or all of John's team would be at Indy, just heard from a person connected to NHRA (not connected to JFR) that the Force teams will not be at Indy. Don't know the reason. I had hoped the rumors were wrong.
Just indy??

Salinas said he is sitting out most of the year. I heard that Torrence wasn't going to be at Indy either.

Salinas said he is sitting out most of the year. I heard that Torrence wasn't going to be at Indy either.
I heard the same thing about Torrence, but he's posting on social media that they are getting ready to race.

Never thought I'd see the day :(

" Reportedly, Chevrolet has backed off their deal with JFR and the team has decided to park for the year. This is not official, but at this point is widely understood. With today’s deadline for this week’s Indy event looming at the close of business Pacific time, there are currently no JFR cars entered. That means John and Robert Hight’s Funny Cars and Brittany’s Top Fuel dragster."

I have no inside information but, there is a precedent for a former World Champion to be granted late entry, even up to the day of the event.

Again, I have no personal knowledge of this case, but John, Robert and Brittany are all former (or current) Champs.

Alan

I have no inside information but, there is a precedent for a former World Champion to be granted late entry, even up to the day of the event.

Again, I have no personal knowledge of this case, but John, Robert and Brittany are all former (or current) Champs.

Alan

Why for over 20 years I read entry lists the day of Q1

Just to add fuel to the fire:

I cannot see the N.H.R.A. going far either after the first few races. Now with Denver not being able to hold a race.
If they can pull a rabbit out of the hat with this season they will be more than lucky because it's not just the drag strips that are closing it's also some teams that are just saying in so many different words that it is not worth risking your family life over.
Jim Hill

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back