Force Interview (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

As for John's weight loss, I was in the hospital for over thirty days and went from 215 to 146. I think it is all that good hospital food.:)

That Morphine will really mess you up. I was on it for a long time. Rough stuff. It really helps the pain but you do pay a price for it and wait till you realize it is time to get off the stuff. Hard road but worth it.

As painfull as it was to watch, the good side was that he could even conduct the interview. BTW: Ashley looked really tired. The people we love and stick by us have a hard time too but in a different way. So let's not forget them.

It's good to know that superman lives and it is obvious as said beofre he still has something to accomplish.
jim

As for John's weight loss, I was in the hospital for over thirty days and went from 215 to 146. I think it is all that good hospital food.:)

That Morphine will really mess you up. I was on it for a long time. Rough stuff. It really helps the pain but you do pay a price for it and wait till you realize it is time to get off the stuff. Hard road but worth it.

As painfull as it was to watch, the good side was that he could even conduct the interview. BTW: Ashley looked really tired. The people we love and stick by us have a hard time too but in a different way. So let's not forget them.

It's good to know that superman lives and it is obvious as said beofre he still has something to accomplish.
jim

Well said

REX

I noticed Ashley looked really tired also. From personal experience with my mother and my son, tending to loved ones in hospitals can really take a lot out of you. My oldest had some health issues last year that eventually resulted in a serious brain operation. He's 100% fine and recovered now, but I'm here to tell you the stress is unbelievable. Sleepless nights and lots of trips to the hospital make for long days and exhaustion.

Although he looked sorta "outa it" and all, I think he looked pretty good to me, considering.

I'm just glad he's going to be OK and will be back next year.

That physical therapy doctor looked to me like she's been tangling with a wild cat for a couple of weeks!! She even mentioned that "He is certainly full of energy!" or something like that.

It was tough seeing John like that, but it is definitely the medication doing that to him.

A mate of mine was released from Baylor (where Force is) last Friday. He had a bad car wreck and suffered severe injuries to his left arm (ie elbow joind tha 2 inches of bone either side is gone) and I went in to see him a few times and when they had him loaded on morphine he was exactly like John was on TV, very tired, quiet, lethargic.

After they started to bring him off the morphine he returned to his normal self and is now recovering at home, but has a long road ahead of him with replacing his elbow.

I think is is accentuated with Force because he is so high energy all the time and this was a big contrast.

John looked and sounded good to me, my wife is getting morphine daily right now, and she is almost impossible to understand. John was able to communicate very clearly, and his thought process seemed to be very good as well. I wish him luck in the upcoming weeks.:)

Given John's usual animation, it was a surprise to see him so subdued. As others have said, the drugs were doing what they do.

Under the best of circumstances, the hospital can be a depressing and frustrating place to be. Rehab will be an adventure but, John's a tiger. That tiger is still there.

From my experience of being on morphine for 2 weeks I remember that I was incredibly tired all the time. Even when I was awake I didn't want to open my eyes or speak much because it just took so much effort and energy.

I remember being SO tired, but not really sure if I was asleep. It seemed like I was NEVER quite asleep. Plus the itching, oh God do pain killers make me itch.

I was on a faily low dose for road rash after an ATV accident and percosets, codine, oxytontin for wisdom teeth. NOTHING they gave me would not itch.

John looked and sounded good to me, my wife is getting morphine daily right now, and she is almost impossible to understand. John was able to communicate very clearly, and his thought process seemed to be very good as well. I wish him luck in the upcoming weeks.:)
I saw the same thing with my father last year. Seeing people in that state takes a little getting used to and I thought John was doing pretty damn well.

Thanks for the link... my DVR missed it because the power went out on me while I was gone.

Wow. Its very humbling to see him like that. But, all things considered, he looks to be in good shape, and I pray that he gets well soon and back out with us at the track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back