What a shame... (1 Viewer)

When the header broke all that exhaust pressure would have gone straight down and hit the pavement creating thrust so that side of the car wants to launch and the other side of the car is created downwards thrust because the echaust pressure is directed up so it tries to spin the car upside down. A good example of the physics behind it is those fireworks on a disc with 2 fireworks on them and when you light then the entire discs spins around. Who ever said drag racing isn't science haha.

And I ask again... So was it in fact that the header was left loose?

Studs left loose or studs broke or threads stripped or head tubes broke away from the flange..... a number of possibilities.

It did look like that there were a few loose bolts flying around on the slo-mo.

Sorry Paul...

He did not run over the header before it lifted off the ground.

Same thing happened to Hight a couple years ago testing. Lifted the car right off the ground. Ray Higley- same thing in Dallas when he rear ended Force in the shut down area.

That very thing happened to one of the Force Cars during a test session Testing Titanium Headers once. They never tried that again!

That very thing happened to one of the Force Cars during a test session Testing Titanium Headers once. They never tried that again!
I think it was Robert Hight's car (could have been T. Ped) and I think he lightly grazed the wall when it tried to go into hovercraft mode.

When the header broke all that exhaust pressure would have gone straight down and hit the pavement creating thrust so that side of the car wants to launch and the other side of the car is created downwards thrust because the echaust pressure is directed up so it tries to spin the car upside down. A good example of the physics behind it is those fireworks on a disc with 2 fireworks on them and when you light then the entire discs spins around. Who ever said drag racing isn't science haha.

exactly how i see it too......and if not for the wheelie bar things might
have been even worse?

Studs left loose or studs broke or threads stripped or head tubes broke away from the flange..... a number of possibilities.

It did look like that there were a few loose bolts flying around on the slo-mo.

Man of all the ways to destroy a Race car, leaving Header Bolts Loose???:rolleyes:

Remember guys they didn't say the bolts were loose they said that it was a possibility they were loose they also said it could have broke at the flange or ripped the studs out or even broke them so could have been a few things.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back