Force Hat Pin (2 Viewers)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
Never got the pin, when I saw Force at Seattle and Spokane in 1986. The pin will have Wendy's above the
car. The pin has gotten away from me on ebay a couple of times over the years. If anyone has one and is
willing to sell, please message me.

Thank you

It will be Force's 1986 Chevy Cavalier body flopper. As of today I have 97 Force pins, and a total of 1,160 all
drag racing hat pins (And no I don't have every drag pin made) Started collecting pins in the early 70s

1670600671871.png

Last edited:
I thought the title was about how to install a hat pin.
I have no pins, but I have the leatherette box with Force’s die cast funny cars of his milestone championships. That’s a keeper.

I have a Pennzoil/Eddie Hill hat, with pin, I picked up 30 years ago at the 'Plex. It never fails to get comments and an occasional offer when I attend the Dallas event. Sorry I can't help with the JF pin.

I gave all (pounds) of my hat pins to a VERY good friend of mine Kirt Stockman in New Zealand, he has a collection of drag racing memorabilia that would blow your mind. I also gave him my blue NHRA coat. One day he was returning to New Zealand form a race in Australia walking in the airport, Steve Gibbs who was at the same race stopped Kirt and asked where did you get that coat, he said my good friend Larry Sutton gave it to me, He told Kirt ok, because I (Gibbs) gave that to Larry many years ago. Kirt took a picture with Steve holding it. LOL
PS: he also has one of my black cow Boy hats.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

Last edited:
I have a Pennzoil/Eddie Hill hat, with pin, I picked up 30 years ago at the 'Plex. It never fails to get comments and an occasional offer when I attend the Dallas event. Sorry I can't help with the JF pin.
Very cool Carl. I have 11 different Eddie Hill pins I got at the drags from Eddie before he retired in 1999.
Couple of Hill's pin's that I have will go for $30.00 to $40.00 on ebay if the market price is there. I paid
$5.00 for them back in the 90s at the races. It's like anything, prices go up and down. I just bought 2 new
pins last week, Jade Grenade Top Fuel pin from 1974, I got for $17.40 (cheap) and Dennis Kings "Asian Flew"
A/Altered comp car 1984 for $13.00 (cheap) both those pins went for $50.00 each 3 years ago. Sometimes you
just have to wait before you buy. Speaking of Kings car saw it at the 1984 Div 6 race at Seattle, bitchin race
car, it had a Gene Adams built Hemi inbetween the frame rails (old farts on here know who Gene is) it flew!
4 months ago I bid on a rare Raymond Beadle "Blue Max" 1983 Ford EXP Funny Car pin. I usually start bidding
when there is about 15 seconds to go, the bid was at $60.00 so I bid $70.00 with in 5 seconds it went to and
sold for $116.50 and no I didn't win it. I will never sell my pins, they are going in the oven with me!

1670622156536.png

1670622199378.png

Last edited:
You might a little disappointed when you go to sell some of these items. I had a collection of over 300 Action cars that I told my Wife they are worth a lot of money. Well, we had a number of conversations and She finally said that if something happens to me where does She go to get this money and I told her Ebay which neither one of us have ever sold a thing there. Well we have a good friend that sell for a living on EBay and He took the entire collection and 2 years later there are about 30 cars left. I've made about 7 grand on the whole deal but the big thing is that the room they were is used something other then my collection. A Jack Beckman car brought over $200 but on the down side a Tony Stewart Home Depot Monte Carlo Championship car from when He was still with Joe Gibbs brought $100. This car was a special Action Chevrolet car only available at GM Corporate meeting, one of fifty, that I scored from a friend in the meeting, His seat got one of the cars and He had no interest and gave it to me. If we were having this conversation 15 years ago the prices would have been a lot different.

If I remember right, The Asian Flew had an Arias Hemi, which was basically a Rat motor with hemi heads. That car set records for A/A. Anything Gene Adams tuned would go like stink.

You might a little disappointed when you go to sell some of these items. I had a collection of over 300 Action cars that I told my Wife they are worth a lot of money. Well, we had a number of conversations and She finally said that if something happens to me where does She go to get this money and I told her Ebay which neither one of us have ever sold a thing there. Well we have a good friend that sell for a living on EBay and He took the entire collection and 2 years later there are about 30 cars left. I've made about 7 grand on the whole deal but the big thing is that the room they were is used something other then my collection. A Jack Beckman car brought over $200 but on the down side a Tony Stewart Home Depot Monte Carlo Championship car from when He was still with Joe Gibbs brought $100. This car was a special Action Chevrolet car only available at GM Corporate meeting, one of fifty, that I scored from a friend in the meeting, His seat got one of the cars and He had no interest and gave it to me. If we were having this conversation 15 years ago the prices would have been a lot different.
I didn't want to collect die cast cars that others could easily collect or that they make as many as they can, so I gravitated towards 40's-70's race cars mostly plastic ones, because to find them in good condition is hard...they don't last. I have Indy cars, Cox Thimbledrome Champ cars, and Drag racers.
Most are tether style cars, powered by push, wind up, nitro or CO2 motors like this one, which is set up for straight line drag racing.
IMG_E3795.JPG
IMG_E3791.JPG
IMG_3794.JPG

Mike you are so right about drag racing diecast cars. I got on that merry-go-round in the early 90s.
First with Racing Champions that were sold for $19.99 at Target, then off to Action, ect. I have close
to 500 cars all scale's 1/24 on down. I will never get my money back ( I don't want to sell anyway)
I will let my kids sell them after I kick the bucket. I have become good friends with 3 sellers on ebay
that sell drag racing memorabillia and they told me that everything they sell, that hat pins are still the
most popular and will make a profit. My son calls my hat pin collection, my scrap metal collection.

One thing I learned 35 plus years ago. Collecting drag racing memorabillia is a lot healthier and cheaper
then sitting in some dive bar, drinking and booger sugar!

Last edited:
If I remember right, The Asian Flew had an Arias Hemi, which was basically a Rat motor with hemi heads. That car set records for A/A. Anything Gene Adams tuned would go like stink.
I remember Gene Adams well; tore 'em up in AFD. Never heard of the Asian Flew but of Arias, of course, was a pretty big deal at one time. Mostly it was used in tractor pull applications if I recall.

Good piece (20 years old) on Gene:

Gene Adams built his own supercharger back in the early 50's. Saw a photo of it once, looked like a square box. Adams & Enriquez once won Comp Elim at the Winternats, running A/FD. I think the car was running 7.30's back then. Saw that, loved A&E cars, always rooted for them to win. They ran an injected nitro F/C in Pro Comp that was a killer. At the 1992 Winternats (not World Finals), Ed Vickroy drove the O'Dell car to the first 250 run for A/FD, ended up running 254. Nat'l Dragster did an article comparing this car to Don Garlits 1975 T/F car, which ran the first 250 speed. I remember that very well, could not believe that an unblown car ran 254!!! Ed Vickroy usually drove an injected Rat motor A/FD, not real competitive, and he had the chance to drive the O'Dell car at Pomona. Made history. Once I wrote one of my infamous Letters to the Editor and I said that if you compared all the nitro cars, that "pound for pound", Adams & Enriquez was the baddest of them all. I wonder if Gene Adms is still alive? I knew he lived up in Prescott Valley.

Never saw The Double Eagle in person, but did remember Drag News reporting it ran (I think) 6.74 at over 220, which at the time, was quickest & fastest ever for a twin. Can you imagine what Gene could have done with twin aluminum engines? Another car that was different was Lefty Mudersbach, around 1962, twin injected Olds F85 aluminum engines. I think these engines were around 216 CI & came from the factory with the aluminum engines. He ran very competitive times with this car.
Now that I'm thinking twins, there were 3 or 4 AA/FD with twin injected SB Chevys. This would be maybe 1970, more or less. Idea was a light weight car on lots of nitro. I saw some of these at Lions, but they never were competitive. Kinda like a JR/F with twin engines.

Last edited:
Gene Adams is alive and well. Lives in Anderson Ca..

Bob, that car is very cool. I remember but jumped on the wagon... Maybe I should have..

Jim, I enjoyed every minute of buying all my collectables but I'd like to see them go...LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back