For Wayne Dupuy (1 Viewer)

bukweet

Nitro Member
Tell me I'm old but NOT crazy.
I remember you as the crew chief for a family run Dodge Avenger F/C out of south Mississippi.
The Blake family and if I'm not just crazy, one of them was nicknamed "Three".
It ran pretty well as I remember.
What ever became of all that?

Just laugh if all this is some sort of hazed flashback.

Jim Blake wow! what a Great driver.He drove a funny car i tuned in the late 90s.He's a guy that could drive under any conditions with no budgets. He should have got a high dollar ride would have had many wins. had a brother name three. good guys!

And their shop was within fireworks and bombing distance of the car wash acroos the road. LOL. (staute of limitations is over I am sure)

Tell me I'm old but NOT crazy.
I remember you as the crew chief for a family run Dodge Avenger F/C out of south Mississippi.
The Blake family and if I'm not just crazy, one of them was nicknamed "Three".
It ran pretty well as I remember.
What ever became of all that?

Just laugh if all this is some sort of hazed flashback.

I worked with "Three" briefly on the Michael Brotherton Top Fueler in 1989. I remember sitting in a hotel one night, and he could recite every word from the John Candy/Steve Martin movie "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." Every single word. Michael's crew chief, Larry Rogers, built the F/C for the Blake brothers, and they had some success for true family team with no budget. I didn't know Wayne Dupuy tuned the car, must have been one of his first gigs.

Yep. Wayne tuned for Tony. Hey Wayne, are you and Ers coming back to the States for the last two races of the year?

Yup-- Took out KB first round Sonoma.. talk about upset.

Man How About That. That was a great day in 89 at somona Tony Mc and the king Kenny match up 1st rd they both ran 5.46 side by side and TMc Lit the win light.Also had a New dodge Daytona car that won best Appearing
Tony Mc would wax it 9 times a day it was a beautiful paint job right down to the marker lens.

He also won a race in Bristol Tenn.Great Day First win for me as a Crew Chief An First for him as a african american Pro driver.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back