First 200mph Pro Stock Run @ Bandimere This Weekend? (1 Viewer)

Frank

Nitro Member
Will anyone in Pro Stock top the 200mph mark this weekend? This is the only current national event that has yet to see a 200mph run in pro stock. Allen Johnson has the track record at 198.64 from the 2010 event. With the high temps expected for this weekend I'm going to say no. Someone will go 199 but I think it will be one more year for 200. Then again, with as quick as the weather can change, a lengthy rain delay might be enough to cool things down and push the qualifying later into the night which would certainly help.

What do you think?

Friday night maybe!!! Suppose to be 100 tomorrow and 95-97 the rest of the weekend which means corrected altitude of around 10,000+

You're right; if a storm rolls through, it could change the condish; but if it's like it is today - a hundred degrees at 6pm, that means maybe 95 for the 2nd session. I learned to never say never up here though; especially in recent years

Pro Stocks at Bandimere, given equal conditions other than the altitude above sea level, consistently run about 12MPH slower than they would at low-altitude tracks. In 95-degree weather, say, at Norwalk, 207-208 would be expected. I'm looking for 195-196 in Denver, barring an evening shower which can drop temps 20 degrees.

Anything short of that, sorry, no 200. And the smart money is on Allen Johnson.

No. Even Allen Johnson's amazing 6.91 testing pass was coupled with a 199.49mph speed. .5 of a mph doesn't sound like much, but WJ ran 199.15 in 1995, and it took until 1997 to see 200mph.

Don't listen to our WeatherMAN. You wanna check out Lauren Whitney, CBS4Denver.... ;) :D she's a contributing factor to how HOT it is around here :D

i think they need to shorten the race distance to 660 ft for the bikes. it gives more shut off area and makes for a little more parity in the class. Because from the point at the finish line and starting line this weekend. There was not one little bit of class parity. the harley davidson prostock class was a runaway.

There was not one little bit of class parity. the harley davidson prostock class was a runaway.

I'm not so "up" on P/S bike....It looks to me that none of the Japanese Manufacturers are involved? I tell you what would bring this to an end....a works Japanese bike. Nothing like a 20 million dollar program to dominate a series. I know it won't happen because out of all motorcycle sports, Drag racing is the least like the actual application of the bike....most folks (Harley RUBs aside) like to go left, right, left, right, lean lean lean....not so much stoplight to stoplight, listening to how loud each other's exhaust is. But I would LOVE to see Suzuki or Honda -GASP- enter the fray....

i think they need to shorten the race distance to 660 ft for the bikes. it gives more shut off area and makes for a little more parity in the class. Because from the point at the finish line and starting line this weekend. There was not one little bit of class parity. the harley davidson prostock class was a runaway.

Jon,

At the race I saw the Harley's were not the dominant bikes, the Hectors were on their Buells. Jr, qualified number 1 his dad was 2. Jr. had low ET of the event and low ET of the first two rounds his bike wouldn't shift in the semi's. Big Hector had his bike bog and backfire rd.1

I certainly think the Susukis need some help, and I also realize the V&H team has won all the races, but they didn't have the best bikes in Denver.

Alan

Jon,

At the race I saw the Harley's were not the dominant bikes, the Hectors were on their Buells. Jr, qualified number 1 his dad was 2. Jr. had low ET of the event and low ET of the first two rounds his bike wouldn't shift in the semi's. Big Hector had his bike bog and backfire rd.1
Alan

On average the Hectors have had the best bikes since Houston and they have had issues on Sunday that have kept them out of the winner's circle.

Jon,

I certainly think the Susukis need some help, and I also realize the V&H team has won all the races, but they didn't have the best bikes in Denver.

Alan

Alan,
I agree on that point. On race day what was amazing was they were dominate. When they came to the line it was pretty obvious who was going to win. It is like beating a dead horse on the subject.

Jon,
If you were at the race it wasn't obvious that the Harley's were going to dominate on Sunday. As Alan stated, the Arana's were the dominate team throughout all 4 rounds of qualifying. In Q4 I leaned over to my dad and said, "This is about the time the semi finals will be run tomorrow, so let's see if the Harley's have made up any ground on team Arana." Kraiwec ran a 7.29 and Andrew ran a 7.31. In the next pair Hector Sr couldn't get the bike to fire, and Jr just crushed them running a 7.25. I looked at Matt Hines on the starting line and he was shaking his head knowing full well that they were going to need some good fortune to be able to win the race on Sunday.

Frank, I am glad you can tell me what I thought was apparent to me.
I was there standing near starting line fence. Hectors are hanging with the harleys. We will see once countdown starts. Didn't help matters with Bob Frey repeating over and over they have won all the races this year. Like I said Dead horse. I thought this was a pro stock bike thread to begin with or I wouldn't have brought it up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back