Fire from Anderson's car (1 Viewer)

It was,in fact it broke in 2 pieces.What a lot of people forget that after the race,they also found a rocker arm broken which is what really caused the backfire.

Chris...I'm not doubting what you say was broken, but history has proven those guys ran the funny stuff and lied about it. I was dissappointed in the Wayne County boys continaully giving us false information, but I was most dissappointed that Mopar continued to back them and support them. In the spirit of honesty and integrity, they should have divorced themselves from any connection to known cheaters.

Remember....I'm a true blue Mopar guy, so I'm not bashing Dodges. I just couldn't (and still won't) honor those guys. The wins and championships are obviously tainted. As a business man, I'd never associate my company with people that practice tactics like that.

Our current group of Mopar racers are far better ambassadors than any we've ever had. They run good, clean operations and represent us with honor.

but I was most dissappointed that Mopar continued to back them and support them. In the spirit of honesty and integrity, they should have divorced themselves from any connection to known cheaters.

I'm glad you weren't around in the early 70's John. The view of Mopar was quite a bit different back then. A sad, but all too true reality.:(

Of course if you ran a factory car, you had it made. ;)

What? What the hell are you typing about here John? Ronnie Sox, Dick Landy, Don Carlton and a few more as soon as I wake up. What turned those guys to dog s**t?

Ian...I should have been more specific. My reference was versus the Wayne County days....of nitrous explosions, faked break-ins, false police reports, and cocaine convictions.

I'm obviously a huge fan of Ronnie Sox...just look at my avatar. The golden era for Mopar was the early days of the class. Our current group of Mopar Pro Stockers are doing a fine job, although they seem to be swimming upstream, but then again, everyone is when compared to the Summit cars.

but history has proven those guys ran the funny stuff and lied about it. .

Just because you SAY that doesn't make it so. A lot of folks BELIEVE they were cheaters but (so far as I recall) it has never been PROVEN!
I don't have a dog-in-this-fight but, repeating conjecture as FACT is dishonest and damaging.

IMy reference was versus the Wayne County days....of nitrous explosions, faked break-ins, false police reports, and cocaine convictions.

The first three are now unproven folklore at this point. The last, well DA isn't the only guy around that had a runny nose, he is the only one to get a Federal rap for turning two other morons on though, what the hell is that all about? That said, DA could drive the wheels off a pro stocker.

I think we all need to run out and buy some Summit Racing Parts to make our cars do this. I think it's kinda cool. And ya Mrs GA is hot to. so maybe it's because she has been sitting in the seat at times.:D

The first three are now unproven folklore at this point. The last, well DA isn't the only guy around that had a runny nose, he is the only one to get a Federal rap for turning two other morons on though, what the hell is that all about? That said, DA could drive the wheels off a pro stocker.

You're right Ian...DA could drive the wheels off a car. I used to be a big fan, and still have a ton of memorabilia (in boxes) from those days. I put it all away so I wouldn't have to explain to my 12 year old son why they don't race anymore.

That said...defending DA's lifestyle and the actions of his team is a very slippery slope to tread...watch your step...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back