Fire from Anderson's car (1 Viewer)

cone

Nitro Member
What was with the fire coming from under Greg Anderson's car in the shutdown area yesterday? I saw after the first three rounds but not the final.

He was purging out the unused Nitrous through the headers..

HA HAAA HAAAAAAA

The only other time I have seen that is on IHRA Nitrous Pro Mods...because they turn off the juice before the fuel....extra fuel in the pipes.
Anyone who recorded it, watch it again with the volume up.....you can clearly hear a loud bang everytime it happens.

Not saying anyone is cheating, just making an observation.

Go to your local short track oval and watch the latemodels.. watch the cup teams at short tracks or when they come of the track during practice.. you see it all the time...

during racing it comes from so much fuel being dumped into the motors not all of it is burned and it comes out the pipes... in oval practice it comes from shutting off the ignition switches and letting the motor still turn over while rolling to clear the cylinders out...

been told that depending on the cam timing.... you get more or less of it too...

BIlly

When a high-rev, big-inch, carbureted car suddenly slams the throttle closed, it WILL ingest a large dose of fuel and push it into the pipes.

...been told that depending on the cam timing.... you get more or less of it too...

That's true, along with the fact that different base timing can cause fire in the pipes, also. Any team that experiments with lower octane fuel, coupled with lower timing curves to take advantage of the different cylinder pressure events usually has this happen.

I quess none of the othere cars the same timing and cams. I doubt that GA is totaly unique. I have seen those type fires in NASCAR but they run the exhaust outside the body and have longer collectors. I dont think its nitrous but I feel he is doing something diffrent. Its hard to get 2 mph on the feild. I think that shows he has more horsepower than the rest.:confused:

Just to show I'm fair...remember the Alderman hood scoop fire? That was supposed to have been the rotor coming loose from the distributor. What dark days those were....

i agree- the greg anderson haters club of the universe never ceases to amaze me. unburned fuel and cam timing. it DOES happen all the time.
I think he was joking.
BTW, I don`t hate GA but where can you sign up for that club (just in case)?
Nothing personal. Just getting a little weary of the camera panning to his wife going nuts after every round win.

Last edited:
How short some peoples memories are. Kurt and Warren was having the same thing going on with them a few years back.

I think he was joking.
BTW, I don`t hate GA but where can you sign up for that club (just in case)?
Nothing personal. Just getting a little weary of the camera panning to his wife going nuts after every round win.

Hey, I could go the whole 3 hours looking at Mrs. GA

If he can put hydraulics under it, make it bounce up and down, and play hip hop music when it shoots the flames that would be cool.

Just getting a little weary of the camera panning to his wife going nuts after every round win.

I understand. But she is not panning the camera. I suspect the reason she gets that excited is because she knows firsthand how hard her husband and the rest of the team work. When she stops doing that for every round win, Anderson and Line will shortly thereafter probably not be winning many rounds. I think her reactions are a reflection of the passion that team has for winning. Just MHO.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back