Fire from Anderson's car (1 Viewer)

If flames that big are common and happen all the time, then why don't we see more photos of them? I mean that it not some little backfire when flames neary engulf the car.

I'm not saying he is cheating. We all know that Richard Petty "followed" the rules all the time. But the sactioning bodies found out what he was exploiting and finessed the rules accordingly.

In each case, were the drivers cheating or just pushing the limits of the rules?

The wife is cute. I think the camera guy is the one with the fixation.

It is normal and does happen all the time. This has been beat to death. At one time or another it has happened to just about all PS cars.

Bob

never seen flames like that before in 40 years of going to an average of 20 races a year and at least 7 national events. I dont hate anyone I just noticed some thing diferent and some of you think Iam bashing Greg.

It is normal and does happen all the time. This has been beat to death. At one time or another it has happened to just about all PS cars.

Bob

Bob, is unburnt fuel in the headers the cause of this then? It just seems to me that an awful lot of fuel is needed for a flash that large.

Just to show I'm fair...remember the Alderman hood scoop fire? That was supposed to have been the rotor coming loose from the distributor. What dark days those were....

It was,in fact it broke in 2 pieces.What a lot of people forget that after the race,they also found a rocker arm broken which is what really caused the backfire.

That's gotta be a record..........the nitrous BS started on only the third post........ :D

OH yeah an with a great big HA HAA HAAA you just know I was serious... I don't know why his car is dumping so much fuel just before turning off the track. Looks kinda dangerous though... Maybe Alan can ask Greg at StLouis and give us some feedback though??

Bob

THAN YOU THANK YOU bob! ok all you know it alls (greg haters) there is a veteran pro stock driver and the answer, guess you have to go back and think of something else to accuse him of now ;)

If flames that big are common and happen all the time, then why don't we see more photos of them? I mean that it not some little backfire when flames neary engulf the car.

I'm not saying he is cheating. We all know that Richard Petty "followed" the rules all the time. But the sactioning bodies found out what he was exploiting and finessed the rules accordingly.

In each case, were the drivers cheating or just pushing the limits of the rules?

The wife is cute. I think the camera guy is the one with the fixation.

Mike,

Be careful...I stated that I made an observation and not an accusation and I got jumped on as a GA hater! Its amazing how thin some peoples skin is...

I understand messing around with the cam, and what unburnt fuel does in the headers...those of us that have shut the motor off in the shutdown area, especially with a load on it, know the "pop pop bang" that we hear....

....thats just waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too much fuel and if its something he's messing with, why is the car so clean on the run, but has enough fuel after shutdown to look like he napalmed (sp?) the turnoff?

I do believe it has happened to a lot of PS cars from time to time, but 4 straight runs? Just seems really odd.

Last edited:
THAN YOU THANK YOU bob! ok all you know it alls (greg haters) there is a veteran pro stock driver and the answer, guess you have to go back and think of something else to accuse him of now ;)

Actually, it's not just Greg this happens to. I remember last year, or maybe it was year before last, when WJ's car was doing something similar. All the WJ "haters" came out with the same accusations.

I mean really, don't you think if other teams were concerned about this it would be front page news on nhra.com? It's not like only the TV viewers see this stuff.

It was,in fact it broke in 2 pieces.What a lot of people forget that after the race,they also found a rocker arm broken which is what really caused the backfire.

BET EVERY PRO STOCKER TAKES ONE ROCKER ARM OFF FOR THE NEXT RACE. IF HE CAN RUN THAT GOOD WITH ONE BROKEN.:)

When you start worrying about what Greg's car does when it's SHUT-OFF, you don't stand a chance of catching up. I think the picture looks more dramatic than it really was, and something to get people talking about his "secret", and not focusing on their own junk.

I also could watch Kim jumping up and down over and over! That is what is distracting for me and why I would be easy to beat! If Greg really wanted to rub it in, he could have her back him up from the burnout...:)

This thread is pointless as far as the cheating goes. Its been beaten to death for years. If they were doing something they would have caught them as many times as they've been tore down. And besides, no one knows better than his competitors about the shut down fires b/c as there going thru the ligths they can plainly see him since he's already making the turn off.

I have seen this happening to a lot of p/s cars in shutdown. I think this started around the time they went to merge collectors causing the fuel to "pool" in the header. Having said that, GA's fires do appear larger than I've seen. But doesn't that make sense? Because the only way to make power is to burn fuel and it appears GA does have more power right now. I know very little about p/s engines and running their clutch but seeing these size flames doesn't make me think "cheating", it makes me wonder...
1) How damn sensitive are those carbs?
2) He "seems" to have a stout fuel curve on the top end or is he "over gearing" the car?
3) He might be getting a few hun more rpm too. (explaining the mph)
4) Could he be shutting the car off a little differently to get a better plug reading?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back