Favorite VW drag car (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
OK, start with EMPI Inch Pincher VW Bug. 1960's. There was a guy who ran Irwindale with a little Fiat that had a VW flat 4. Was beautiful candy apple red in color and ran like stink. Cannot remember the driver. Lloyd??? 1970's. Go from there.

Last edited:
Bill Mitchell
6DDAE918-7890-409A-967D-9CBF944F51D9.jpeg

I may disqualify myself cuz these 2 were no true VW's The red "Little Giant Killer" and the gold "Stutt Bee" just wowed dad and I. Those 2 rides would get out on all the V-8s and sometimes take em' and other times get swallowed up. The Stutt Bee would just rip the first part of the the run. Imagine the 60 foot times were impressive for the day.

TopFuel@Lions

Thanks Mike! I remembered the "Lloyd" part. heh

Mark, The Little Giant Killer was Lloyd Mosher's Fiat, w/ VW flat 4. Loved that car! I thought the Stut Bee was a VW Bug. I remember the name. I have always had a soft spot for VW's. I like to go to the Bugorama at Wild Horse every year. I can just cruise the pits & go nuts looking at all the cool Vee Dubs. The drags are the frosting on the cake. I watched 2 Bugs go at it. From about the 1/8 mile, they were side by side and noise from the exhaust was just fantastic...."sweet music". :)

Of course, who doesn't love "The Nail"

This is Kris Lauffer - who lived a few blocks from me - and Richard Shute also...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back