Summit Racing’s Jason Line Switches Rides for Norwalk (1 Viewer)

Norwalk, Ohio June 26, 2009 – Fans attending this weekend’s Summit Racing Equipment Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio might think they are seeing double during Pro Stock qualifying, as they will see two of the candy apple red Summit Racing Pontiac GXPs normally driven by Greg Anderson. However, rest assured the three-time champion has not found a way to gain a second entry for himself in his sponsor’s race. Rather, the KB Racing team has made the decision to have teammate Jason Line park his tangerine colored GXP and drive the car Anderson used throughout the 2008 season.

“There was nothing wrong with my Summit Racing GXP – after all, we won two races with it earlier in the year,” said Line. “However, over the last few weeks it just wasn’t responding the way we wanted it to, so we made the decision to switch to the car Greg ran last year. It’s a proven piece that we feel gives us the best chance to win.”

Currently fourth in the Full Throttle championship standings, Line is looking to regain the form that propelled him to two wins earlier in the season. However, as his teammate was quick to point out, there is additional motivation for both of the KB Racing entries to do well at this weekend’s stop in the Buckeye State.

“It’s a Summit race at Summit Motorsports Park, and if that wasn’t enough, we have the K&N Horsepower Challenge on Saturday,” detailed Anderson. “In other words, this is our biggest race of the year, so we put a lot of emphasis on being ready. That’s why we switched Jason into my old car, and why we spent two days this week in Michigan testing in the heat. So far this year, our Summit GXP team has been good, but we haven’t been great, and both Jason and I need to be great this weekend.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back