Need some Old Photo's!!! (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
Hey Ya'll...

I've been looking everywhere for my old racing photo's and can't find them. I've been looking for the following Cars:

- Smokey Red Wheelstander in So Cal late 1970's early 80's
- Jim Kelso's "SHUTTERBUG" super Comp VW Body FUNNY CAR.
- The Luxor and MGM top Fuel Cars. Luxor car driven by Rachelle Splatt and the MGM car was Kalitta's.
- Dave Mezeire's 62? Vette in Pro Gas so cal! Had two colors on it, White with Flames..(Hot N' Nasty) and Candy Apple Red!
- Action shot of BIg Jim Dunn's FIREMAN'S QUICKIE.

If anyone has these photo's can you please send me a link! Thanks:eek:

Contact Big Bob; he has everything, including some killer shots of the Fireman's Quickie. He usually hangs out on the Classic Funny Car board.

Contact Big Bob; he has everything, including some killer shots of the Fireman's Quickie. He usually hangs out on the Classic Funny Car board.

yea i'd second the motion to go over and ask on Classicfunnycar.....some of those guys have pictures from like the inception, there good shots too

I have this one, I'll have to find the pic and scan it full size.

VW.JPG

I'll look, but somewhere I still have the magazine that showed the Shutterbug when it was 1st built, and the car was yellow.

I'll look, but somewhere I still have the magazine that showed the Shutterbug when it was 1st built, and the car was yellow.

That's the one I'm lookin for. We (the WBC TEAM in California) Raced Jim Kelso in that Yellow Shutterbug in Bakersfield at a WDRS race in 1989 (I think it was 89') But I really loved that car! Thanks to those who have helped with this QUEST of mine!

Timmah!

I have a pic of the Luxor Dragster that Rachel Splatt drove, it's a pic of her standing next to the car. It's from my Film days so it's buried God knows where...:p

Like I said previously Tim; "Big" Bob Snyder has just about everything that you want. He sells a lot of his work at the Vintage Drag Club website; if they don't have it then either they or he can probably get it for you. The Trans Am Fireman's Quickie is one of my favorite funny cars of all time; you definitely have good taste!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back