Div 7 Wild Horse (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Was out there today only. No Top Alky so was hoping to see a good show from Nostalgia classes. Maybe 10 cars showed in 3 classes. A/FD had 3 cars, one broke so 2 cars ran off for the title.... but the 2 best cars in the class. Drew Austin in the Ford VS Ken Bates. Wild race. Bates is out first then Austin goes up in smoke, then Bates has a puff of smoke from the engine, Austin peddles and gets the win at 6.61 - 224. Bates had to shut off. I would love to see these two in a 2 out of 3! 7.0 Pro had 3 cars. An altered won, sorry I don't know the name. 3 cars in that class. JR/F had 3 cars, came down to my hero Don Enriquez VS a beautiful front motor car & didn't catch name of driver. Enriquez bulbed and I was depressed. Arghhhh But, I did have T/D and T/S and they put on a great show. 6.13 was a dime a dozen in Q. Was impressed by that, was close to 90 degrees. Comp Elim had a good showing. Car that impressed me was Josh Lee, little H/EA Bantam roadster w/ Honda 4 cyl. Boy that is a trick engine. Had a good look at it in the pis. He Q #3 8.928 ET. I think he is the only one in the country with that combination. There were a lot of good cars in all the classes, but not as many as I thought would attend the race. Thought those chasing points would show up, but I guess they are gonna go to Vegas. We had the usual Calif, AZ, NM, Utah, Nevada and a group of Canadians. Shout out to Bill Dennis from Roswell, NM. There are around 4 cars that come to the national & Divisional from Roswell. I was stationed there in the USAF long ago (heh) so always root for them. Anyhoo, hope it is a safe race for all tomorrow. They ran Rd 1 in Stock & T/D tonite, so got a good look at the new lighting the track installed. OK, that is the Official Cliff Report.

Sorry to say that Group 2 of the Heritage Series is struggling with car count for various reasons. Too many to type out here.

Sorry to hear that Gino. I really like to watch Nostalgia. Have gone to all the Heritage races they have had in Arizona.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back