Fan Base of the NHRA (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
With all of the cheating scandals that have gripped NASCAR this year that it will help the fan base of the NHRA? Word came out this morning that Jeff Gordon's car failed inspection as well after last night's duels. Officials said the problem was "probably unintentional". He will start the Daytona 500 from 42nd, instead of his previously qualified position.

If it were some no name drivers, I don't think many people would care that much, but these are some big name guys who have been brought down.

I seriously wonder, if this will help the NHRA. I'm keeping my fingers crossed at least.

I don't think anything that happens in Nascar has anything to do with Drag racing. I've followed various forms of racing most of my life, and Circletrack fans and Drag racing fans are different crowds for the Most part. Sure you'll always have some crossover but very little. My Ticket Rep. from Vegas was talking to me about that, she said that maybe 10% of the Nascar customers buy tickets for Drag races.

I think the only place that you might draw more NASCAR fans to NHRA is at Bristol. There seems to be a lot of crossover fans in that area that just like any kind of racing. They also supported the Outlaws when they ran at the speedway a few years ago.

I don't think anything that happens in Nascar has anything to do with Drag racing. I've followed various forms of racing most of my life, and Circletrack fans and Drag racing fans are different crowds for the Most part. Sure you'll always have some crossover but very little. My Ticket Rep. from Vegas was talking to me about that, she said that maybe 10% of the Nascar customers buy tickets for Drag races.
The Drag Racing Fans have all of their teeth?

Keith.. have you been to a Cup race lately?..

and if you truely talk to some of corperate america. Drag racing is looked down on more than Cup crowds.... why do you think it's so hard to get majior companies involved more?

Also read a demagraphic report from Joyce Julis or even Goodyears report on the crowds.. you might be amazed...

Joyce Julis is the company that rates tv advertising during all sporting events... signs, logo placements etc.. and 90% of the Companies in the US base their spending on their numbers.. their list of info on the fan base, as well, are very accurate.. if you have ever filled out a questionaire at a race about yourself it was these people....

Billy

Even NASCARS scandals are more popular than NHRA weak suck non-scandals.

I want Force busted on live TV for a hydrazine rap!

Ban Coil for life!

-85% jimmy

You`d be surprised Joe, that`s a nice area out there. Some beautiful homes on the water close to Bristol Dragway. Race fans there looked OK to me, Indy on the other hand...

Chris, I was talking to some vendor people one of which is a Mater I might add. That at Bristol you'll see Hillbilly families walking around Barefoot, I wasn't referencing the landscape at all. I agree that Part of the country's some of the most scenic landscapes you'll ever see. It must have been the section you Sat in at Indy, cause I never got that Impression.

Chris, I was talking to some vendor people one of which is a Mater I might add. That at Bristol you'll see Hillbilly families walking around Barefoot, I wasn't referencing the landscape at all. I agree that Part of the country's some of the most scenic landscapes you'll ever see. It must have been the section you Sat in at Indy, cause I never got that Impression.

What?! Barefoot at a drag race?? Next you'll tell us that someone was shirtless!!:D

Chris, I was talking to some vendor people one of which is a Mater I might add. That at Bristol you'll see Hillbilly families walking around Barefoot, It must have been the section you Sat in at Indy, cause I never got that Impression.
LOL, I never saw any barefoot hillbilly families at Bristol! How the hell would they afford the ticket prices!? Btw, we sat TEC at Indy.

We had visitors to our camp @ the Winternats on Sun....One a VP for a fortune 300 company and his wife who runs the NW section of Shell Oil and the race was their first NHRA drag race. They enjoyed the pits as they had VIP passes to D Powers team....They had starting lines access and enjoyed the first round of Top Fuel/Funny cars but I could sense they were ready to leave by the end of the second round.....They tried to sugar coat their day later @ dinner that night but admitted they enjoy NASCAR much more....They said those people (us) are freaks as going in a straight line over and over seemed boring....That was their opinion and said they'd go again, but I know they will not...And they got all the entry/pit/start line access for free...
oh well....we are freaks I suppose....

That's a sad story, Terry.

If being at the starting line..witnessing the wrath of 16,000 hp launching doesn't wad their stuff up..that's a shame.

Keith.. have you been to a Cup race lately?..

and if you truely talk to some of corperate america. Drag racing is looked down on more than Cup crowds.... why do you think it's so hard to get majior companies involved more?

Also read a demagraphic report from Joyce Julis or even Goodyears report on the crowds.. you might be amazed...

Joyce Julis is the company that rates tv advertising during all sporting events... signs, logo placements etc.. and 90% of the Companies in the US base their spending on their numbers.. their list of info on the fan base, as well, are very accurate.. if you have ever filled out a questionaire at a race about yourself it was these people....

Billy

So where could a guy get his hands on one of those reports... you know... without paying for it?

We had visitors to our camp @ the Winternats on Sun....One a VP for a fortune 300 company and his wife who runs the NW section of Shell Oil and the race was their first NHRA drag race. They enjoyed the pits as they had VIP passes to D Powers team....They had starting lines access and enjoyed the first round of Top Fuel/Funny cars but I could sense they were ready to leave by the end of the second round.....They tried to sugar coat their day later @ dinner that night but admitted they enjoy NASCAR much more....They said those people (us) are freaks as going in a straight line over and over seemed boring....That was their opinion and said they'd go again, but I know they will not...And they got all the entry/pit/start line access for free...
oh well....we are freaks I suppose....

Terry, where those guests in a suite? You don't get the Noise sensation in those suites.

There were outside on the starting line and even have the opportunity to hang in the chase vehicle w/ the Powers teams.....They had access to the suites but they are hands-on types and wanted to be close. The wife liked the smell of nitro but the husband could take it or leave it....Diane, the wife asked a ton of questions but could not see a return if they were to invest...I would like to run a top sportsman/pro-mod car in the future as my daughter is 13 years old going on 30 and wants to drag race...That was the main reason we invited them....

Today I was at a store buying some ink cartrages when the owner of the store came over and asked about how I expected to do this year. Then started talking about Daytona and asked who I thought would win. I said "I don't know I hate NASCAR." He looked at me and said really??? I said well they suck up all the sponsors. suck up all the media and suck up all the fans. What's there for a drag racer to like? Then he said good point.

Today I was at a store buying some ink cartrages when the owner of the store came over and asked about how I expected to do this year. Then started talking about Daytona and asked who I thought would win. I said "I don't know I hate NASCAR." He looked at me and said really??? I said well they suck up all the sponsors. suck up all the media and suck up all the fans. What's there for a drag racer to like? Then he said good point.

I remember at the Sonoma Drag race in '03? We were taking the Parking lot shuttle to the gate and everybody on the Shuttle was talking about how the Nascar boys had qualified! I thought "This IS a Drag race right"?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back