Family needs our prayers (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
Everyone please keep the Maben-Oberhoffer family in your prayers please... And hope for some good news :(

Suzie Q's husband Mace in the hospital

Fellow maters, our beloved Suzie Oberhofer Maben's (better known to us all as Suzie Q) husband Mace is in the hospital for some exploratory surgery and biopsies. Suzie is running on empty right now, and some mater thoughts and prayers would certainly help. Think the good thoughts for Suzie and Mace and send some positive energy toward Ft. Worth, ok?

Everyone please keep the Maben-Oberhoffer family in your prayers please... And hope for some good news :(
Thanks for posting, Martin. I just posted a similar thread in the lounge. Talked to Suzie last night...my thoughts and prayers headed to Ft. Worth for both Suzie and Mace.

Update from Suzie with her permission.

The news is not good. It is lung cancer, but we just don't know what kind it is. I won't have any more info until tomorrow when we get the results. The results of the pallup were good, it was benign.

Positive thoughts and prayers are gratefully appreciated.

I'm talking to Suzie now via yahoo messenger. She says Mace is feeling better with the new pain meds and Suzie is doing her best to keep it upbeat. Mace has the same twisted sense of humor as Suzie, so if ya got some jokes for her to pass on to Mace, to help keep his spirits up, post em here. I know she'll be checking in from time to time. Keep the faith, Suzie!

From her FP posting, Suzie seems to have a pretty good handle on the ward... Guess she went a little "Jersey" on them... :)

Wow Sorry to hear this news! I hope Suzie is at the track this weekend, be good for her to be around friends right now!;)

From Suzie's FB:

Mace Update 9/22/09: Jersey Girl Wins 3 Rounds!!! Mace's port was installed this morning. He called me at 6:55 a.m. and said they were going to take him in 30-45 minutes. I jumped in the shower and got here at 7:40 and he was already in recovery! Hmmmm........maybe my little "outburst" had something to do with it yesterday.

UPDATE:

YAY!!!!!!! They are filling out Mace's discharge papers! They said it would be about an hour-two hours.........we are thinking more like 3 hours since the way the schedule has been going around here!

Go Mace!! GO SUZIE Q!!!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We can beat this!!! Mace came home last night and I believe there is some healing power to sleeping in your own bed and not being woken up every 2 hours!!!

The doctor said we can go ahead with our gig tomorrow night at the Cowtown Sports Bar & Grill! YAY! I think that will lift both of our spirits!

By the way, it is also my 40th birthday and I would really love to celebrate that accomplishment!!! haahahahah!

The band kicks off at 7:00! They have food and a full bar. here is the link to their website Cowtown Sports Bar & Grill Fort Worth Texas

Come on out if ya can!

Suzie Q

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back