Espn? (1 Viewer)

Here he goes off on another Rant !

I hear ESPN is going to fire up another channel for motorsports and I for one would like to say OK lets look at drag racing and its custom and Show car cousins as a block along with those who like the development and building of any of the above.
I keep hearing Drag Racing is the largest grassroots motorsports racing thing going and with its close association with custom cars and hot rod shows around the country it seems it deserves more coverage, like a pure channel.
We have NHRA nationals , Divisional, sportsman, ADRL pro mod's. Continuing on NMCA , Fun Ford Weekends, Nostalgia Funny Cars, Pontiac excitement , mopar stuff . Gotta catch my breath! Cackle fests , Goodguy's , Super Chevy Shows , Big dollar Big tire races. All Harley drags .
Whew KOTH [ King Of The Hill ] TOPMA [ Texas Outlaw Pro Mods ] Clobberthon's . Huntsville Big Money Race . Texas Pro Mod nationals both outlaw and ADRL, BHRA . About a hundred Car Shows and swap meets ! Bloomington Gold , Corvette collector's, Viper Collectors Muscle Car Collectors. And you know what? For Filler if needed old Drag Races , Funny Car Shows like the Coke Cavalcade of Stars and Wheel standing Nationals.
Look I hope to retire one day and I will need lots of entertainment so ESPN GET ON THE STICK !
I know you East coast And West Coast and Mid West guys have races I don't know the names of and not to forget Virgil's new Nostalgia F/C Match racing deal!
Coming to a local track near you !
See the smoke and the Fire ! Feel the Excitement of 3,000 plus HP burning up the track! Come see the Plastic Fantastic Nitro Floppers that Thrilled America!
Oh yeah I remember those. What ?
I left out Those Fabulous Fuel Altereds Geez how could I , they are a show all by themselves!
I guess you get the drift!
Rant Over !
What I'm trying to say is now is the time , with 2,000 channel capacity coming it's more than feasible it will be necessary to come up with even more niches for viewers

ESPN's coverage is great, despite Paul Page. And I'm in line with everyone else who has tried to be patient with him... but it's running thin. Overall though, I'm very satisfied with their coverage.

However, I'd like to see them show more footage from previous races during the somewhat mundane qualifying shows on Saturday - something akin to what National Dragster does in their pre-race editions. Show highlights & big news from that particular event's past. Does Diamond P, or whoever, own the rights to the video footage? Would that prevent them from accomplishing what I'm asking for?

I agree!!!!

BTW.... I heard Paul Page announcing some bull riding (with Donny Gay). He was not bad at all (IMO). However, since I am not that big of a fan I don't know if he was getting facts wrong. But his cadence, excitement, demeanor, etc was pretty darn good.
(still want Marty back).

I agree!!!!

BTW.... I heard Paul Page announcing some bull riding (with Donny Gay). He was not bad at all (IMO). However, since I am not that big of a fan I don't know if he was getting facts wrong. But his cadence, excitement, demeanor, etc was pretty darn good.
(still want Marty back).
I saw the rodeo too. Paul's actually been pretty good doing the rodeo, ATV races, the hot dog eating contest/championship (whatever), and so on.:eek: But I can't wait to have Marty back either.

I agree!!!!

(still want Marty back).

He's doing OK in Bull Riding! Don Gay runs his damn mouth so much, you don't hear Paul!

And, as long as ESPN is showing all the runs, I'm not complaining.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back