Espn? (1 Viewer)

You guys ever go out somewhere public and there is a poor little tyke screamin' his little head off, and everyone BUTthe mom can hear him? She tunes him out?
That's how I am with Page. I (sadly)tune out the commentary and do my own in my head.

I wish there was more Grubby's garage
I love the camera in the stands shots
I miss the "sounds of the strip"
Brut essence of racing are great,
Scelzi sez are great,
I wish they would include the singing of the national anthem and the subsequent immediate firing up of the 1st pair of T/F ers,
The Denver focus on the crew guys(Saturday show) was fantastic,
Very much enjoy recent showings of old footage,
Thanx to the guys and gals behind the scenes for all the excellent hard work!

You guys ever go out somewhere public and there is a poor little tyke screamin' his little head off, and everyone BUTthe mom can hear him? She tunes him out?
That's how I am with Page. I (sadly)tune out the commentary and do my own in my head.

I wish there was more Grubby's garage
I love the camera in the stands shots
I miss the "sounds of the strip"
Brut essence of racing are great,
Scelzi sez are great,
I wish they would include the singing of the national anthem and the subsequent immediate firing up of the 1st pair of T/F ers,
The Denver focus on the crew guys(Saturday show) was fantastic,
Very much enjoy recent showings of old footage,
Thanx to the guys and gals behind the scenes for all the excellent hard work!

I do love the racer segments also, Sclezi sez is awesome, I like Grubby's garage and thr Brut deal too.
I'm not for the sounds of the strip as to me it really doesn't show the how impressive the sounds are. Its not something you can relay over airwaves, you have to be there to feel the sound and yes it is a feeling.
I do like seeing the older footage.
Whosever idea it was to feature some different aspect of racing on the qualifying shows deserves a raise. I really enjoy seeing that, even if I already know some of it. I'm still bound to learn something new.
I would like it if they showed some part of sportsman, much like on nhra today they do the sportsman spotlight. I wonder how many of the casual fans watching the show even know that there is a sportsman level?

At least we only have 3 more races until Marty returns, and once Marty's back in Memphis he's with us straight through to Pomona. Paul has gotten better than when he first started. I think the first time I actually heard some excitement in his voice was during the St.Louis race when Doug Kalitta was smoking the tires but still beat Scott Palmer. He also showed a little more excitement in Denver.

At least we only have 3 more races until Marty returns, and once Marty's back in Memphis he's with us straight through to Pomona. Paul has gotten better than when he first started. I think the first time I actually heard some excitement in his voice was during the St.Louis race when Doug Kalitta was smoking the tires but still beat Scott Palmer. He also showed a little more excitement in Denver.

I always likes Marty it'll be great to have him back

I do love the racer segments also, Sclezi sez is awesome, I like Grubby's garage and thr Brut deal too.
I'm not for the sounds of the strip as to me it really doesn't show the how impressive the sounds are. Its not something you can relay over airwaves, you have to be there to feel the sound and yes it is a feeling.
I do like seeing the older footage.
Whosever idea it was to feature some different aspect of racing on the qualifying shows deserves a raise. I really enjoy seeing that, even if I already know some of it. I'm still bound to learn something new.
I would like it if they showed some part of sportsman, much like on nhra today they do the sportsman spotlight. I wonder how many of the casual fans watching the show even know that there is a sportsman level?

I definately agree. Even with surround sound, amps and all you just don't get the feel for the real thing. If you've ever been to the Indy 500, you know the same thing, those cars sound nothing like they do on TV.

ESPN's coverage is great, despite Paul Page. And I'm in line with everyone else who has tried to be patient with him... but it's running thin. Overall though, I'm very satisfied with their coverage.

However, I'd like to see them show more footage from previous races during the somewhat mundane qualifying shows on Saturday - something akin to what National Dragster does in their pre-race editions. Show highlights & big news from that particular event's past. Does Diamond P, or whoever, own the rights to the video footage? Would that prevent them from accomplishing what I'm asking for?

Last edited:

So, ya all miss the "let's put a period on that, he's on the trailer,":confused: The Paul haters are here now, then the Marty haters will be back. Come on people, get a grip. To the ones that know what goes on, it's the races, but then there are those who just turn it on the pick it apart.:p

Personally, I like the Dunn-isums... Let's try somethin' different, let the color guy do the play by play and the P-by-P guy try the color... wait, just let the color guy do both, with a guest in the booth :D

EEK, I wonder who will be in the booth for the 07 season???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back