Espn? (1 Viewer)

Oh, I think Paul's doing OK. He muffed a couple of names on Sunday, but I think he understands the sport better now. And the chemistry with Mike seems better now also, IMHO.

Oh, I think Paul's doing OK. He muffed a couple of names on Sunday, but I think he understands the sport better now. And the chemistry with Mike seems better now also, IMHO.

I would think he would have an 'understanding' of the sport, he covered it with Diamond P however many years ago, and the premise hasn't changed, just the names. But the muffing of the names has gotten old...

As far as ESPN's coverage, I think it has been great. I always figured with a sports network there are going to be occasional delays...

Love the coverage but Paul just doesn't do it for me. I find myself fast fowarding or muting, unless its an interview with someone.

I am still not a fan of Paul's and still cringe at the errors. However, I DO think he is improving. He is starting to (sort of) understand a GOOD run VS. a BAD one.

I am afraid of when Marty comes back because I will be angry all over again!!!!;)

ESPN2's coverage is great.

Paul has improved a lot (his comfort level seems to increase each race), He seemed to be tremdously excited doing the ATV obstacle race or whatever that was last week.

I'm guess I'm getting use to him?
:eek:

Seems a couple of races ago it seemed Paul Page was getting better. At Denver he went back into stumbling mode, mispronouncing names.

Paul obviously is not the choice of many but..I agree

he sems to be getting more comfortable with the job. He gets alittle animated at times which hopefuly shows he maybe showing some passion ?

I really think Paul is "uneducated" (as far as Drag Racing go's) I have gotten to the point where I take him as a humorous commentator... he's there for laughs.. Unless the viewer is totally uninformed about Drag racing... Its gotten to the point where I take a little clicker(that counts) and click every time he says something totally WRONG, or mispronounces an easy name, says Baz won on a hole shot when he didn't... ..you know what I mean... So far I've gotten to 23 in a 3 hr show...

Well, does anybody think the coverage has gotten any better?:confused:

No. Wish they'd just hire Bob and Alan to do the tv broadcasts. The biggest compliment I can give them is that they remind me of Dave Mac and Steve Evans. They are the best in the business today. Why we can't have them on ESPN is simply beyond me. :mad:

Personally, I think that all Paul Page can do is read from the screen. He has NO knowlege of drag racing or of any of the participants. Thank God for Mike Dunn and I can't wait for Paul to go away.

The telecast really got better once Comcast added ESPN2 HD. I can deal with Paul if I am watching it in HD.

I think the drag racing knowledge bank shrivels up from lack of use.

I hadn't been to an event in about 3 years until Commerce this year, and I was a little lost. I also noticed I couldn't disect a pass as it was happening as well as I used to be able to when I was going to the track more often. Might have happened to Paul. Who knows....

I also noticed the nitro cars don't sound near as good on 85%, especially at an idle.

The last thing I want to do is trash Paul..but I'm tellin' ya..it's a pain!! My left eye starts twitching and there is a grimace on my face. I've been patient and gave Paul a chance..but it just isn't happening for me.

When I think of Paul Page..I think of Indy Car..or snow mobile racing. I just can't fit him in the booth with Mike.

I think he's getting a little better, the one thing I notice is, each week he picks up on something Mike says and continues to repeat it. Sometimes, even it if doesn't fit the situation. Just an observation.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back