Erica Enders (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Disclaimer: I'm not hating on EE, have always been a fan.

BUT.... how long do you think this team is going to take getting put away in the 1st round? I don't think it's her driving, as she almost always has great lights and can get the car down the track very efficiently. Makes me wonder how long it will be before they throw in the towel and switch back to a Camaro?

I read on another message board that the present HEMI heads to not play as nice with the EFI as the Chevy engines and that could be part of the problem. Wondering if Mopar is doing something, if true?

Well, history says (and when I say history, I mean the modern Pro Stock era) that the only one that has been able to consistently make a Dodge run in Pro Stock is Roy Johnson. Bob has done some good things and had some moments with Gaines' program, but for the most part it's been Roy, despite many efforts otherwise. That said, it's not logical to think that Nick, or anybody else was going to switch platforms from the tried-and-true GM set-up and get it running as well as the GM's in a short amount of time. Add EFI into the equation and there's a recipe for struggling.

As for her just switching back to the Camaro, I doubt it's that easy. Something tells me one of the main selling points, if not THE main selling point of Mopar bringing the dollars to Elite in the first place was having her behind the wheel, along with Jeggie.

Just my .02

Sean D

I agree with Sean, Richard got a sweet deal with Mopar and it included Erica and Jeg. I also agree that Roy Johnson is the Mopar guy and he is pulling his hair out on this one. The main thing i see is getting the motors to breath and thats hurting the Hemi the most. I am a GM guy and PS is my favorite class other than Modified Production which NHRA killed and they're are on the path to doing the same to this class. There should have been a year of development before implemented the EFI rule, fans are going to really run away from this class if it continues being Greg and Jason show everyweek.

my guess is, switching to Dodge was not the biggest hurdle for the Elite engine builders, but efi and the 10.5k limit. The elite Camaro's are also behind KB 4 to 5 Hundredths. Its been demonstrated over the years that performance goes with the engine builder, not the engine make. If Ford or Dodge were to cut Greg and Jason a large check, I bet they would eventually be at the same performance level, they are with the GM's.

KB enlisted help before the season ended last year.They had a very good head start on their combo and it's showing that this year. The Mopars will come around,just might take more time.

my guess is, switching to Dodge was not the biggest hurdle for the Elite engine builders, but efi and the 10.5k limit. The elite Camaro's are also behind KB 4 to 5 Hundredths. Its been demonstrated over the years that performance goes with the engine builder, not the engine make. If Ford or Dodge were to cut Greg and Jason a large check, I bet they would eventually be at the same performance level, they are with the GM's.
I'm gonna have to disagree on that on. Nick, has been the top engine builder for a while. His engines were dominate the last two years. Whats the saying "be a cold day in hell " that would be team Summits response on a Hemi. Hemi motors require a lot of air flow and they aren't getting to motor with closed system.

A good source tells me it's the intake manifolds that the Summit cars are using, Source also says there's about 3 years worth of development in them.

We need a mater investigater !!

Didn't NHRA mandate certain products be used ?

What is the standing rule on changes P/S as of Jan 1st ?

My computer is still damaged.

Bottom line: 2 cars leading the pack in Pro Stock ain't all that bad for a heated rivalry to brew. Reality: Bad for business when those 2 cars are teammates and get along just fine. Of course, it's up to the rest of the field to catch them. I hope they get closer.

Saying it's a lack of performance from the Hemi keeping Erica out of the winners circle seems to ignore the fact that no one is winning but the KB team. Allen Johnson seems to be slowly creeping up performance wise. All the other teams Chevy or Dodge are struggling to catch up with the KB cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back