Engine rules for Top Dragster? (1 Viewer)

I think it's a blown Brad motor. I have a friend there who ran a career best 6.91 and isn't in the show!

Anthony trauth from Kentucky, Runs with the Pro Top Outlaw group.He runs a blown alcohol BA motor with an 8-71 blower. No 14-71s in Pro Top Outlaw!

I believe the basic rules, besides safety ones, are that all blown dragsters must run automatic style transmissions, no lencos. I think that they recently allowed 14-71 blowers on big blocks and 10-71's on small blocks. Altereds pretty much have no limitations. Really the main thing to slow the cars down is the fact that it is a dial in, break out class and having the fastest car does mean a whole lot. The IHRA does not even run any quick 8 shootouts anymore so most of the drivers want to just make sure they are quick enough to qualify yet be consistent on race day.

Any engine; Small block dragsters limited to 10-71 supercharger, Big and Small block altereds and FE dragsters limited to 14-71 supercharger. Big block dragsters limited to 8-71 supercharger. High helix OK, screw superchargers prohibited.
Nitrous oxide prohibited on Supercharged or turbocharged.

According to the IHRA website, as of 6/07/06 all supercharged entries may run 14-71 blowers, including the small blocks and dragsters. Sorry T, no nitro.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back