What is an "H" Dragster???? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I ust saw where Brian Fitzpatrick ran a 6.22 with an "H" Dragster in Comp elim in Pomona!? Is that like Top Dragster?

That thing might just knock down a 5 before the weekend is out. I saw the run today and it was a little ugly. Once it got out about 500 feet, it looked like the Enterprise going into warp.

Mark
hd.jpg

score.jpg

Last edited:
Brian shows up at Fontana New Years weekend to test and says that he hopes to run a 60. Goes out and a 6.47 at just over 220!

LOL. I saw that in the qualifying list and being old school I thought to myself. Well that cant possibly be right, H/dragster? 6:22? Then I did a little google-vestigating. And found a pix which revealed,. Turbos!! Turbos?? On a lower class gas dragster? A little more investigation found out it was six cyl Toyota powered. Then found a link to an import discussion forum. Aparently cars like these were built for NOPI events? With NOPI gone are now absorbed into comp eliminator? I think this is all pretty neat. One of the last eliminator categories where a racer can truly innovate. This H/D might get into the fives before Jirka Kaplan does.

That thing might just knock down a 5 before the weekend is out. I saw the run today and it was a little ugly. Once it got out about 500 feet, it looked like the Enterprise going into warp.

Mark
hd.jpg

score.jpg

Thing is...why are Turbo's in Doorslammers referred to as AA/AT-BB/AT, etc...
Kinda confusing to call a Turbo Dragster an "H"! Why not a D/TD???

I was watching near the finish line when he made that run. I don't care if that thing is a six cylinder Toyota; it is seriously badass!

Might be based on the HP/Weight ratio rules, similar to in SS and Stock... Light dragster, small motor,no mention regarding induction/ power adders= "H" designation... Add a couple of C.I. and maybe it goes up to "G"?

BECAUSE IT'S CALLED COMPLICATED ELIMINATOR JOE!!!

Geeze.... do we have to call Asher in here to explain everything to ya CAVEMAN???

hahaha... just kiddin bro!

Oh and Toby, I agree... HAUL A$$ DRAGSTER. I believe he ran that car up here on the 'hill' a year or so ago. Had a hard time keeping it lit, but some great MPH!

It gets even more interesting when you have a BB/AF (turbocharged 4 cylinder front wheel drive) and a DD/AT (turbocharged 4 cylinder rear wheel drive) and try to explain them to people..........

It gets even more interesting when you have a BB/AF (turbocharged 4 cylinder front wheel drive) and a DD/AT (turbocharged 4 cylinder rear wheel drive) and try to explain them to people..........

Shawn,

When you get to explaining indexes and CIC to your friends, do not use the word index-people don't get that-use the term handicap instead and ask them if they understand the importance of protecting the handicap-if they are familiar with bowling or golf, they get the CIC thing is about a minute, if not less.

Is that a Supra engine then? I know those things can make big HP with relative ease.

Shawn,

When you get to explaining indexes and CIC to your friends, do not use the word index-people don't get that-use the term handicap instead and ask them if they understand the importance of protecting the handicap-if they are familiar with bowling or golf, they get the CIC thing is about a minute, if not less.

That's really good advice! But then again, I can always count on great advice from the Professor!;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back