Early 80's FC pics from BIR. (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
I am getting married soon (gulp) so I while I was digging arond my folks house for some old photos of myself growing up, I also put in a bunch of pics my dad took from the early 80's at BIR. Here are some of the funnys. I have a bunch more of other stuff, I'll post them when I get time.

Snake--
BIRSnake1.jpg

BIRSnake.jpg

Al Segrini, Ed the Ace
BIRSegriniAce.jpg

RARE Blue Max
BIRRareMax.jpg

I'm going to guess and say these pictures are from either 84 or 85, it has to be late enough in the 80's that the Ace would have the Miller American colors as opposed to the Miller Lite. Although I remember the Blue Max being red in 85 and in this picture it's blue so I would guess this is 84.

I'm going to guess and say these pictures are from either 84 or 85, it has to be late enough in the 80's that the Ace would have the Miller American colors as opposed to the Miller Lite. Although I remember the Blue Max being red in 85 and in this picture it's blue so I would guess this is 84.

They are mixed 83-85

Snake drove the Pepsi car in 83. The Pepsi- Wendy's car is 84.
The Blue Max car is a show car for Winston.

I am getting married soon (gulp) so I while I was digging arond my folks house for some old photos of myself growing up, I also put in a bunch of pics my dad took from the early 80's at BIR. Here are some of the funnys. I have a bunch more of other stuff, I'll post them when I get time.

RARE Blue Max
BIRRareMax.jpg

Wow! As a kid Ray Beadle was my favorite. I have never see this paint before.

That 85' Buick Regal (of Dale Pulde's) was one of the most beautiful cars ever. I believe Freddy Neely ended up running it when Pulde quit his own deal. That car was a masterpiece of an F/C.

Good pictures, a while back I was going through our storage and found a whole bunch of 80's photos, some Pro cars but lots of Alcohol cars (my dad used to pal around with some freinds with an alcohol car when we first started running S/C). Lots of good memories, LOVE the paint on those old cars. Heck every time I see a Chapperall trailer it makes brings back lots of old memories. Found some old VHS tapes of Diamond P racing from mid 80's on TNN, we used to record every race back when we got our first VCR. I pulled up one, it was John Force, his second win (his first was not televised in Lemosen (sp?) in Canada. His dad had just passed and he's sitting on his car crying, the first time I seen him not give a good interview after a win.

It starnge seeing Pro cars parked in grass even then. I wish I had experienced the sport back then...:confused:

I was there too. I remember those races well. Thanks for bringing back a lot of nice memories Paul.

Notice how "open" the pro pits are to watching. Spectators could stand along side in these pre hospitality days. You weren't limited to peeking in from the end of the pits like you are these days. At BIR, the pros parks right along the final portion of the road course.

Oswald 83
BIRCHughes.jpg

Great pictures Paul! Thanks for posting them. :)

It's fun to look back and see the changes that have been made to BIR over the years. (and race cars too)

However, this picture could have been taken yesterday if it weren't for the Candies & Hughes car being in the picture. The trees, the chain link fence, the white lines painted in the staging lanes, the metal guardrail.... every thing in this picture is exactly like it is today. I love it!!!

By the way.... I was at BIR for the last bracket race last month. I drove my scooter into the (vacant) zoo and noticed a large construction project has begun. I think it's already been mentioned here on the Mater but I thought I'd mention it again. I took a few pictures..... It looks like you'll need to find another new camp site for next year. :(

Thanks again Paul!

Oh, and congrats again on getting married soon :)

paul,
you're living the REAL countdown......till you will no longer
be able to make sound and logical decisions on your own.:rolleyes:

thanks for the pics, sure wish i had gone there sooner than i did (1988)

brian,
what are they building? behind basketball hoops?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back