Drag racing in IMAX???? (1 Viewer)

I've seen 2 comments regarding an IMAX production featuring the 4 wide? Any truth to this?

Joe, I am pretty sure anyones reference to 4 wide racingt and IMAX is a slip of the tongue when they mean ZMAX (Raceway). I know that Tony Smiths comment was tongue in cheek on the other thread.

I think the creator of the other thread mistyped.

Joe, I am pretty sure anyones reference to 4 wide racingt and IMAX is a slip of the tongue when they mean ZMAX (Raceway). I know that Tony Smiths comment was tongue in cheek on the other thread.

I think the creator of the other thread mistyped.

Damn...bet it would look awesome!:eek:

I think I may have figured out the problem. Like the movie "Avatar", the 4 wide idea is just ahead of the technology curve for television. What we need is 3D IMAX!!!! :)

One of my favorite movies of ALL time is the IMAX movie called Super Speedway. It is about Indy cars.
(I love road racing)
IDK if you knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers :p can fathom turning right and left, but I highly recommend you check it out. When they show some of the on-board camera footage and there is no narration, just the sound of the car, it is orgasmic. Sittin' in front of a big tv with the surround sound on watching this movie..... oh so good!

[vBTube]WOzzXkAGXcg[/vBTube]

Those IMAX cameras are massive monsters. Would LOVE to see a IMAX movie about nitro drag racing!

Last edited:
One of my favorite movies of ALL time is the IMAX movie called Super Speedway. It is about Indy cars.
(I love road racing)
IDK if you knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers :p can fathom turning right and left, but I highly recommend you check it out. When they show some of the on-board camera footage and there is no narration, just the sound of the car, it is orgasmic. Sittin' in front of a big tv with the surround sound on watching this movie..... oh so good!

[vBTube]WOzzXkAGXcg[/vBTube]

Those IMAX cameras are massive monsters. Would LOVE to see a IMAX movie about nitro drag racing!

They had that at our Natural history Museum forever! Everybody kept asking "What does this have to do with History?"

Think fast Joe....see you at Houston?

I've got "Super Speedway" on DVD. It's ok...the stuff with Mario is pretty cool and Newman Haas Racing is right down the street from us.

I still say "Grand Prix" is the best racing movie ever made.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back