Doug wins - is it karma? (1 Viewer)

As a spectator you may not like it but there is nothing in the rules against team orders. If a Schumacher, Force, Kalitta decide they need to do that it's their decision. If I had 2 TF or FC cars acing each other and one was 1st in points and the other was 9th regardless of what round it is I would have team orders that the 9th in points loses.

Just a guess but I think the NHRA may have banned the Mosh pit this year for obvious reasons...........

***When Billy starting driving he said he was not in it for himself and to just help buffer his son any way that he can.

Being a buffer can also mean taking out other drivers who are a threat to the title, not just laying down against a teammate.

Billy has shown that he is capable of beating anyone on the track, including his son at the E3 Indy Natls this year in the semis.

That said, in all forms of motor racing, teammates help teammates when it matters.

I want Doug to win a Championship....but do I want him to win one with an asterisk ? On the one hand, all points mattering this year is kind of a throwback to pre-countdown times. But still...it's a crap year and with fewer races and without some of the competition participating, there will be that question.....

I want Doug to win a Championship....but do I want him to win one with an asterisk ? On the one hand, all points mattering this year is kind of a throwback to pre-countdown times. But still...it's a crap year and with fewer races and without some of the competition participating, there will be that question.....
Whoever wins this year will have earned it, no asterisk required, IMO. Is it a different year than in the past? Sure. Who says a championship counts only if it has 24 events? And while there are some players missing from this season, competitors come and go all the time.

I don't live in Texas but have a super-warm regard for the place and its people.
Couldn't agree with you more, Dougie would be a great champion.

BTW: I have no problem with "team rules" but, DSR has demonstrated in-the-past that they always race straight-up.

I have family in Texas, so am kinda Pro Texas w/ the Torrences and Texas racers. BUT, if Doug Kalitta wins the championship, I'd be really happy. He really deserves it. Like Ron Capps finally winning the championship; same w/ Doug.

Maybe the Champ could be called "The Masked Champion", with a silver bullet engine and faithful crew chief...... Kemo Sabe, we kicked their butts!

I want Doug to win bc he’s such a classy guy. He has all the tools so we’ll see. When two Capco cars are in the final, I turn the tv off.

Most of the racers are classy guys. Steve.....not so much. So I don’t want to see him win. His crew is obviously very talented though.

Dan, don't hold it against Steve forever. If I had a nickle for every dumb thing I've done, I could fund a T/F team for a few years. heh But, I really would like to know exactly what was said that caused that little incident. I think there is a little guilt on both sides. Just my 2 cents.

Dan, don't hold it against Steve forever. If I had a nickle for every dumb thing I've done, I could fund a T/F team for a few years. heh But, I really would like to know exactly what was said that caused that little incident. I think there is a little guilt on both sides. Just my 2 cents.
I get it. I don’t want to turn this into a hate fest so as a last comment I’ll just say that between the latest incident, his crappy attitude when Brittany won the championship and his saying his father was ‘just lucky’ to make the countdown as examples, I much prefer to see guys handle stuff like Doug does (especially the disappointment when he lost to ‘the run’). Moving on to bigger worries in the country today. Lots of people hurting with job loss, covid, fires, hurricanes etc. I’m lucky and will try to help out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back