Doug wins - is it karma? (1 Viewer)

DanTheFan

Nitro Member
Admittedly, I haven’t seen the race yet. But looking at the results .... Billy had great lights all day until the semis against Steve. Same as the Gator finals. All of a sudden against Steve he cuts lights over 1.00. Yes I know team orders happens but in any case, glad to see Doug get it.

They both smoked the tires, Steve was flickering the bottom bulb which may have thrown Billy off. Gainesville showed they race heads up. They aren't JFR :).
As a staff member especially, I dont think you should speculate without being able to prove it by any means. You make an excuse for one team and throw another under the bus, sounds a bit jaded to me.

As a staff member especially, I dont think you should speculate without being able to prove it by any means. You make an excuse for one team and throw another under the bus, sounds a bit jaded to me.
I present to you Indy
;)

I present to you Indy
;)

Yah, Ive seen the video but once again it doesnt provide factual evidence. Tony P. whining and throwing accusations is not fact but hearsay. And the point of my post was to say it looks very biased when you want to provide excuses for the Torrance team but are unwilling to provide the same excuses for others. Speculation aside you have not proved anything and are providing jaded remarks.

Yah, Ive seen the video but once again it doesnt provide factual evidence. Tony P. whining and throwing accusations is not fact but hearsay. And the point of my post was to say it looks very biased when you want to provide excuses for the Torrance team but are unwilling to provide the same excuses for others. Speculation aside you have not proved anything and are providing jaded remarks.

You watched the video and say it does not prove factual evidence? You MUST be a Force fan. If that were Bazemore in the other lane he would have chosen the left lane and deepstaged like he usually does and then ran low ET.

I don’t know facts about anything else but I do know when my 11 year old son turned to me and said “Why did John Force turn the wheel as soon as he took off?” It was all the obvious proof I needed. It wasn’t my finest hour to have to explain that to him. To even suggest that is not what happened in that particular case is to insult one’s intelligence. That’s not insulting much in my case, lol.

You watched the video and say it does not prove factual evidence? You MUST be a Force fan. If that were Bazemore in the other lane he would have chosen the left lane and deepstaged like he usually does and then ran low ET.

Facts have to be proven. Does it look bad, of course, can it be proven, not without actual evidence that he threw the race. Exactly why the nhra couldn't do anything about it. The video doesnt look good for Billy today, but I wouldn't say he threw the race when it can't be proven with video. Opinion is one thing, if an 11 year old thinks he threw the race, then that's his opinion, but very hard to prove factual unless you have physical evidence. And as Forrest would say ...That's all I got to say about that.

Doug raced Langdon first round no post about that just sayin
Yep, I get it. But Doug’s .024 light against Langdon is either a bad mistake or he was worried about winning the race. Billy’s .142 was a little more obvious. It all worked out.

I present to you Indy
;)
I was really hoping Force would have taken a swing at Tony, not because I wanted Tony to get hit, but because I think Force would have instantly regretted it.

I was really hoping Force would have taken a swing at Tony, not because I wanted Tony to get hit, but because I think Force would have instantly regretted it.
Well Tony is an awful lot younger than Force, and I believe is also an avid boxer, so that's a fight you were hoping to see?

If doug kalitta wins it'l be interesting to see how torrence handles it, as he has not always demonstrated graciousness or humility when things don't go his way!

If doug kalitta wins it'l be interesting to see how torrence handles it, as he has not always demonstrated graciousness or humility when things don't go his way!
I'm still putting my money on Steve to win but if he doesn't I will put my money on him being just fine. To me the interesting thing is the racing.

IMO if Doug wins the championship Steve will say something along the lines of "well this wasn't a real season it was more of a practice year.".........

I'm still trying to figure out how a post about something positive, fun and exciting like the Kalitta mosh pits and parties has already turned into something negative and boring. Being on the fan side of racing isn't as easy as it looks. 🙂

All I can say with what I have seen, I don't think any current TF or FC team is laying down for themselves. DSR is clear they don't. John Force yea, of course he did that. The amount of money on the line and you denied a sponsor to have a 10 ten finish when you could have? Who wouldn't do the same? It was never about the runaway points IMO, it was all about the drama that the NHRA wants to have a storyline with. This is clear cut anyway. T. Ped was hired first race out with everyone knowing what his purpose was. When Billy starting driving he said he was not in it for himself and to just help buffer his son any way that he can.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back