Donnie Durenberger - Matt Smith thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon, Wayne. As a fellow Steeler fan, I hate to raz you a little, but.........;)

Like you, I have no dog in this hunt either. I am a fan of Matt, but other than a couple of mutual acquaintances, I don't know him either. But whether you want to see it or not, the second paragraph is plainly calling Matt out as the reason the bike/team didn't win anything last year and if I'm in Matt's shoes, I'm firing back too.

Sean D

The only reason I posted anything is because he has been threatening our facebook account (Which I don't get on Angie does) for over 2 weeks and he told her that he would start bashing us on the forums to make us look bad.... Thats the only reason I put the real story out there... I have way too much going on work running a 2 or 3 or 4 bike team this year.... Thanks Matt

Good luck Matt and don't let these haters get in the way of your success.

Well the reason this probably looks crazy to an outsider is that the frustration of waiting 18 months for this to be resolved finally reached its boiling point. Considering that when I did talk to Matt on the phone about it, he was all agreeable and I believed him when he said it was on order. All this did was extend it out, but increased the level of frustration. This happened many times in the 18 months.

When he came to Brainerd this last year (one year after the race win) he was nice and mentioned in the staging lanes that it was on order, but it takes along time. Again, I didn’t want to argue about it, but in truth he told me what I wanted to hear, and then got on his way. After that… he blew me off.

It doesn’t matter if Matt was happy with the work over the 3 days or not, The people I know that were there saw that I skipped going to the Zoo, watching Super Gas, hanging out in the stands because I was busy with Matt.

I don’t care if I had only gotten him a cup of coffee. If he said he would do X for the cup of coffee, then he should follow through. If not, he should have said no.

But, at this point, I wouldn’t want the damn thing anyway. My 14 year old won more races than that DSR team last year, and those little plastic trophies are much more meaningful than this particular Wally, without question.

So why argue in public? Sometimes when you get jobbed, you have to decide whether to spit or swallow. In this case, I decided to spit.

Amanda. You seem to have a real good recollection of these events “first hand”.

“Secondly, I was at that race and have heard and seen all the conversations that you two have. You were there on strictly a volunteer basis. Matthew let you help out to do another driver a favor. You were never supposed to be paid or given anything for that matter. The fact that you never showed up except to go on the starting line is one thing, but he gave you a great opportunity and you totally abused it.”

Question for you.
Do you ever get in his winners circle picture?

If you have trouble remembering that weekend, maybe this will help. Note: post #17
http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/16925-matt-smith-kidney-stone-2.html

Am I missing something? Is this all about a promised Wally? I thought the idea was to win them...............:confused:

Am I missing something? Is this all about a promised Wally? I thought the idea was to win them...............:confused:

True....True.... True. Take a picture with one... hold one.. heck even take one to a friend's wife and new born baby while he's doing interviews... BUT THE WALLY IS SOMETHING TO BE EARNED!

I've always believed it is a nice touch for a driver (or the person who gets the winners check) to reward the crew who help earn that event win, even provide a token of thanks to a sponsor who provides the money to compete.

Donnie....if Matt offered it and didn't deliver... that's one thing. If you had to ask for it... that's another thing entirely.

...but please kids... continue the **** flinging... it's entertaining. Mr. Voth is right about one thing.... the pussification of this place tends to bring down the site....

Let it FLY!!!

First off, I have no dog in this little hunt.
Until yesterday, I'd never even heard of Donnie.
I've never met Matt nor his sister nor his wife (congrats). I have my opinions on them but those are mine & I choose not to discuss them publically.

What I want to know is what in these following quotes taken from Donnie's first 2 posts enraged Matt & Amanda so much to decide to air their dirty laundry on a public internet message board!!!

"Word is matt is out at DSR and it is up in the air on who will get the seat."

"I know I am not allowed to be negitive against Matt Smith on here, but it is interesting that with the resorces they have / had at DSR last year, that they didnt win an event.
Tartaglia is pretty damn smart. Add in the crew of Neck and Tom and that is a lot of talent prepping a bike for a whole year that had no wins."

Other than not capitalizing the "m" in Matt, I see nothing there that is not true or inappropriate!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

Flame away & don't forget the popcorn!!!
:)

There was alot more on another post. In reading Matt's post it seems he has posted simialr on other boards.

True....True.... True. Take a picture with one... hold one.. heck even take one to a friend's wife and new born baby while he's doing interviews... BUT THE WALLY IS SOMETHING TO BE EARNED!

I've always believed it is a nice touch for a driver (or the person who gets the winners check) to reward the crew who help earn that event win, even provide a token of thanks to a sponsor who provides the money to compete.

Donnie....if Matt offered it and didn't deliver... that's one thing. If you had to ask for it... that's another thing entirely.

...but please kids... continue the **** flinging... it's entertaining. Mr. Voth is right about one thing.... the pussification of this place tends to bring down the site....

Let it FLY!!!

I totally agree about earning the Wally. On top of that, they give the damn things out for just about anything anymore. :rolleyes: Hell, I got a couple little ones of my own from the Jeg's Super Quick deal, but to have one of the biggies from a National Event would be a dream come true, that's for sure.

"Pussification"............ROTFLMMFAO!!!! That's got to be one of the better terms I've heard in quite a while! It definitely applies here these days, so I second your motion of letting it fly. :D

Sean D

***NEWSFLASH***

No one ****in cares

Grow up and deal with this boys. There's not one reason the Internet needs to hear any of either of your problems (ya wanna talk about "Pussification"...)

Thanks for the laugh, BTW

Last edited:
I"Pussification"............ROTFLMMFAO!!!! That's got to be one of the better terms I've heard in quite a while! It definitely applies here these days, so I second your motion of letting it fly. :D

Sean D

Not the first time that has been used here...Come on Sean, keep your eye on the ball.:p

Well the reason this probably looks crazy to an outsider is that the frustration of waiting 18 months for this to be resolved finally reached its boiling point. Considering that when I did talk to Matt on the phone about it, he was all agreeable and I believed him when he said it was on order. All this did was extend it out, but increased the level of frustration. This happened many times in the 18 months.

When he came to Brainerd this last year (one year after the race win) he was nice and mentioned in the staging lanes that it was on order, but it takes along time. Again, I didn’t want to argue about it, but in truth he told me what I wanted to hear, and then got on his way. After that… he blew me off.

It doesn’t matter if Matt was happy with the work over the 3 days or not, The people I know that were there saw that I skipped going to the Zoo, watching Super Gas, hanging out in the stands because I was busy with Matt.

I don’t care if I had only gotten him a cup of coffee. If he said he would do X for the cup of coffee, then he should follow through. If not, he should have said no.

But, at this point, I wouldn’t want the damn thing anyway. My 14 year old won more races than that DSR team last year, and those little plastic trophies are much more meaningful than this particular Wally, without question.

So why argue in public? Sometimes when you get jobbed, you have to decide whether to spit or swallow. In this case, I decided to spit.

Amanda. You seem to have a real good recollection of these events “first hand”.

“Secondly, I was at that race and have heard and seen all the conversations that you two have. You were there on strictly a volunteer basis. Matthew let you help out to do another driver a favor. You were never supposed to be paid or given anything for that matter. The fact that you never showed up except to go on the starting line is one thing, but he gave you a great opportunity and you totally abused it.”

Question for you.
Do you ever get in his winners circle picture?

If you have trouble remembering that weekend, maybe this will help. Note: post #17
http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/16925-matt-smith-kidney-stone-2.html

Nope, sure didn't. I got stuck talking to some people and totally missed it. Thanks for trying to call me a liar though, but the only one lying on here is you. :)

Quote from the original thread,

Why not you? Did you retire?

You only have about 14 kabillion passes under your saddle.

Quote from new lounge thread,

I have way too much going on work running a 2 or 3 or 4 bike team this year.... Thanks Matt

Hey Matt, Donnies first ever outing with a buell brought home a wally! Maybe you need an experianced rider for your 2 or 3 or 4 bike team this year. I know he answers his phone so go ahead and give him a call!

Let it FLY!!!
There's a thin line between pussification and dictification. People can go to Yellowbullet for the latter.

I have closed this thread. All parties need to take it to a pm, email, or in person.

Thanks,
Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back