Donnie Durenberger - Matt Smith thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Smith Released from DSR Pro Stock Motorcycle Seat

I am going to comment on this subject in 2 parts...

The first part of this story is and this is only what everyone needs to know right now is that Don has decided to park the bike team right now due to funding... He has told me to weigh out my options and that is what I am doing... If Don gets the funding before I find anything I am pretty sure I will be on the bike...

The second part of this story is yes Donnie did volunteer at Brainard in 08 to help me out with Angie's bike.... I had my normal crew guy there for my bike... I gave him a pass to get in and a starting line pass, I think a red key parking pass, feed him everyday lunch and super as Angie fixed for our team... The only reason I'm going here with this is that Donnie has started this topic on another site bashing me... We only ran Angie's bike on saturday..Which half the time I worked on the bike cause he was not around but would show up in time to go to the starting line... I did not say much because he volunteered to help.... Then after I won on my bike he said I would like to have a wally... I told him then that they cost around $280.... He said get him one.... As of today he has never sent the money for the wally... I am sorry Donnie that you feel this way but getting on the internet and bashing me is childish and shows just what kind of person you are....

1. You are completely clueless, and your ability to recall even basic things or conversations is startling.

2. Keep your Wally. I don’t want to buy one. I can see how appreciative you are, now that it’s in the past.

3. Judging from the PM’s and email I have gotten on this subject, I have a better understanding of what people think of me, and you.

4. I’m done with it.

1. You are completely clueless, and your ability to recall even basic things or conversations is startling.

2. Keep your Wally. I don’t want to buy one. I can see how appreciative you are, now that it’s in the past.

3. Judging from the PM’s and email I have gotten on this subject, I have a better understanding of what people think of me, and you.

4. I’m done with it.

Dude, seriously grow the **** up. You have no idea what you are talking about. The last two years that Matthew has ran for himself, one year he won the Championship and the other year he lost it at the last race, so if you think he is not talented, think again.

Secondly, I was at that race and have heard and seen all the conversations that you two have had (i.e. HARASSING their Facebook account with rude messages, which is why you had to be deleted). You were there on strictly a volunteer basis. Matthew let you help out to do another driver a favor. You were never supposed to be paid or given anything for that matter. The fact that you never showed up except to go on the starting line is one thing, but he gave you a great opportunity and you totally abused it.

I was there when you asked for the Wally and he said no problem, but it was expensive. You agreed to the amount and have yet to send him the money. He did you a favor by giving you a pass to the line, food, etc... Why in the hell would he give you anything else???

The fact that you are on here bashing him, and God knows wherever else is mind-boggling to me. GROW UP AND MOVE ON!!!

The obligatory popcorn post...

Popcorn.gif

Countdown to topic deletion...10....9....

And ideas where we could sell a heads up matchup on ESPN2 during halftime of Texas vs. Alabama?

I find it a bit childish to be carrying on about this in message forums. Would be nice to be grownup about it and maybe pick up the phone and get it settled.

Paul, if it did happen that way we couldn't lose respect for them. When it gets written up on a public board, it makes it much easier.

I find it a bit childish to be carrying on about this in message forums. Would be nice to be grownup about it and maybe pick up the phone and get it settled.

I find it extremely entertaining.

The over censoring that goes on around here, should be stopped.

Ever notice how the controversial stuff is what livens this place up?

I thought the censoring and use of real names was supposed to help this place grow. I thought all kinds of "Pro's" were going to start posting here after it got cleaned up. Isn't it ironic that it has had quite the opposite affect? Isn't it also ironic that about the only time any drivers/owners/crewmembers post here, is when there is a little controversy involved?

The only way this thread could get any better, is if one of them threatens to hit the other over the head with the allegedly unpaid for Wally!

Man I hate to get dragged back to argue about it because it is obvious Matt and Angie have this settled in their heads already.

If these 2 think they did me a favor by "letting me help", they suffer from delusions of grandeur. I got a phone call from Greg Underdahl in the week before the race that put Matt and I together.

Someone said “pick up the phone and talk about it”.

Well I did that twice in ’08, and once in ’09 and Matt assured me “it was on the way”

He told various other racers I know that “it was on the way”

He told me in Brainerd ’09 “it was on the way”

When he knew that I would just quit asking and go away, he wouldn’t answer his phone or return emails.

Note to Angie: UNfriending someone on Facebook is not having an account deleted.

Although his memory seems to be fuzzy, I got myself in to the race, and had parking and starting line access. (all courtesy of Stinnett)

Lastly. I think the people who have raced with me know how this went down, and I am sure the people who have dealt with Matt Smith over the years know how this went down. I was told by many racers in the weeks after the race that Matt would never follow thru.

“Class is how you treat people who can do nothing for you." Geof Greenleaf

Last edited:

I don't know that I have ever posted on this site...I keep my opinions to myself...I did delete you from Facebook because I was tired of the threatening messages...I am on Facebook to be social to my friends, family, and fans...I don't need someone threatening me on facebook...Thats why you got deleted by me...If you do recall reading all my status they are from me...Matt never gets on Facebook because he doesn't have time...I don't know why or how I got brought into this but I need to be out of it...I have not had any conversation with you regarding anything so therefore for you to have an opinion about me is totally absurd...I have spoke my peace and now I am done with it....Please don't harass me "ANGIE" anymore!!!! Thank you Angie Smith

First off, I have no dog in this little hunt.
Until yesterday, I'd never even heard of Donnie.
I've never met Matt nor his sister nor his wife (congrats). I have my opinions on them but those are mine & I choose not to discuss them publically.

What I want to know is what in these following quotes taken from Donnie's first 2 posts enraged Matt & Amanda so much to decide to air their dirty laundry on a public internet message board!!!

"Word is matt is out at DSR and it is up in the air on who will get the seat."

"I know I am not allowed to be negitive against Matt Smith on here, but it is interesting that with the resorces they have / had at DSR last year, that they didnt win an event.
Tartaglia is pretty damn smart. Add in the crew of Neck and Tom and that is a lot of talent prepping a bike for a whole year that had no wins."

Other than not capitalizing the "m" in Matt, I see nothing there that is not true or inappropriate!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

Flame away & don't forget the popcorn!!!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back