Does anyone know anything about the wrecks in Eddyville, IA (1 Viewer)

This is one of the finest examples of the ole saying, "you can let people think you are an idiot, or you can open your mouth and leave no doubt"

how many incidents have other teams had lately? Hmmmm? But you are such an expert in this, if I have any question in regards to a safe car, I'll consult with you.

Sometimes this forum has the vibe of an ignorant peanut gallery; the experts who sit in the stands that are loaded with their opinion of experience.

Dale, I never said I was an expert and I know how ill-handling these kinda cars are but someone is going to get seriously hurt. They've already had a driver lose his hand. I even enjoy watching them run but they do have major safety concerns if something goes wrong moreso than any other car out there. I meet the Nanook people at Houston this year during the rain delay, they seem like great people and I wish them the best but the facts are the facts.

Dale, I never said I was an expert and I know how ill-handling these kinda cars are but someone is going to get seriously hurt. They've already had a driver lose his hand. I even enjoy watching them run but they do have major safety concerns if something goes wrong moreso than any other car out there. I meet the Nanook people at Houston this year during the rain delay, they seem like great people and I wish them the best but the facts are the facts.

then if you are no expert, how do you know so much about the safety, or lack of? There have been 3 incidents in it's history, 2 of which when Rick was driving, and they were not of his own fault, and a funny car would have done the same thing. The incident Steve had in the shutdown has nothing to do with it being an altered. Those are facts you seem to be overlooking and doing nothing more than drawing an emotional conclusion. That car isn't any more dangerous than a funny car. And if you want more facts, how many dragsters did Johnson/Scelzi tear up?

The main fact is stuff can go wrong, no matter what the car is. Being a fuel altered has nothing to do with the incidents the Nanook has been through.

So, is it really about the facts as you put it, or is it more on what it "seems" to you that is the foundation of your conclusion?

Why do they still run the Nanook? For real, its like every 3 to 6 months they crash that thing. One of these days he isint going to walk away. That thing is a death trap and an accident waiting to happen.
Justin I'm calling you out as an idiot. You don't know me, my family or our racecar operation. To use Rick's nephew James Generalao as your only source of facts is stupid. The Nanook has made over 250 runs with 3 incidences. The facts are the Boise crash (at the 150' mark) was due to oil on the track left by a front motor t/f dragster in front of us, I don't think a wing would have helped us. The Gainesville crash happened on a run following Eric Medlen where he oiled the track from start to the 1000' mark where he stopped on the track. After a very short clean-up, due to NHRA was running behind, we made our run. All the videos show the right tire turn into a donut at the 1000' mark and hook into the wall. NHRA inspected the car and found nothing wrong with the car and said later that there might have been something on the track. Eddyville was contact with the wall at the end of a very short track that resulted in replacing the front axle and steering linkage. We have now made our pass at Cordova, the car left with the wheels in the air (a common leave for a real AA/FA). Please don't sit at home and think you have any right to judge me, my family and our racecar operation, GET A LIFE ! ! ! ! ! DAVE HOUGH -

sounds like you guys made a good pass tonight Dave...Look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow :)

Rick Hough Was/ Still is One of The Best and Steve Tryon is no Rookie Either. I think the World of the entire Nanook Team. They have an Awsome Pilot in the car now. I have Seen Steve Tryon Navigate some tough Tracks and he always puts on a great show. Is that not what Fuel Altereds are all about?

If you think altereds are bad you must not have seen any of the turbo 10.5 outlaw cars run, they wad a couple a weekend up around the country. Pretty unfair to make statements about one class. Drag racing is dangerous whatever class you run, and everybody who races excepts the fact.

Justin I'm calling you out as an idiot. You don't know me, my family or our racecar operation. To use Rick's nephew James Generalao as your only source of facts is stupid. The Nanook has made over 250 runs with 3 incidences. The facts are the Boise crash (at the 150' mark) was due to oil on the track left by a front motor t/f dragster in front of us, I don't think a wing would have helped us. The Gainesville crash happened on a run following Eric Medlen where he oiled the track from start to the 1000' mark where he stopped on the track. After a very short clean-up, due to NHRA was running behind, we made our run. All the videos show the right tire turn into a donut at the 1000' mark and hook into the wall. NHRA inspected the car and found nothing wrong with the car and said later that there might have been something on the track. Eddyville was contact with the wall at the end of a very short track that resulted in replacing the front axle and steering linkage. We have now made our pass at Cordova, the car left with the wheels in the air (a common leave for a real AA/FA). Please don't sit at home and think you have any right to judge me, my family and our racecar operation, GET A LIFE ! ! ! ! ! DAVE HOUGH -

I rest my case!!! There is the research you wanted.

Jay

Why do they still run the Nanook? For real, its like every 3 to 6 months they crash that thing. One of these days he isint going to walk away. That thing is a death trap and an accident waiting to happen.

Justin, after the Gainesville crash I was talking to Steve Gibb's about the crash, Even showed him my camera pics from the Jumbotron. He was talking to Dave Hough who said "We don't Hunt or Fish, we Drag race!" Rick was the one who talked Dave into rebuilding the car! I'm sure the Nanook gang will be just fine! Now if they'd just show up at Indy!!!;)

Last edited:
I have spent so much time with the whole Hough family in the last 2 weekends and I must say, they and the Rat Trap team our the most hospitable, gracious and down to earth racers I personally have ever met on a professional level. By the time I left the track this morning I felt like one of the family. For anyone to make judgements from sitting behind a keyboard without knowing the facts is exactly what was said...Ignorant! Thanks Dave, Gloria, Kyle and the whole family...You are an AWESOME group of individuals and a CLASS ACT all the way!

1800-Entertainment.com

Just proves the safety measures these cars and drivers take despite other uninformed people around here saying they are a death trap...

I went over to see my new buddies the Hough family(Nanook team). We spent some time with them last weekend at Eddyville and I wanted to stop by and say hi.I wanted to catch up with Steve Tryon so we could continue our conversation about a person that used to work for him.. Steve is a awsome guy and funnier then hell.He had me LMFAO with stories when we was at eddyville .When we got there they greeted us like we were family. That team has the greatest people bar none that I have ever met..We spent quite a bit of time just hanging out with them all weekend..When we got ready to leave this morning I went over to say goodbye to them..Only Dave and his wife were there..We talked for a few minutes then I told them well hopefully we get to see ya again.Thats when Linda gave me a big hug and thanked us for everything..When she did that it almost brought a grown man to tears..If any of you have never met them and get a chance Please stop bye and talk to them..You will be glad you did...That was definitely a memory that I will store away for later ...

Dave, Gloria, Kyle, Rick, Linda have a safe trip to canada and I hope we get to come hang out with you guys again soon

Justin seems like your inside info was bogus..Every 3-6 months from 1965 till 2007 makes how many wrecks?

Shane

I talked to Dave..what a great figure in our sport. We also mentioned Justin's post..LOL. Let me tell ya..Dave was hot..and rightfully so. I'll explain..these guys absolutely work their collective asses off..travel all over the country because they love it. And to have someone sit behind a keyboard and critique their operation..and make a comment about whether they should even be out there is out of line. (internet is bad in that way)

Justin..you really need to stop the bleeding and apologize. Nanook and crew deserve better. That would be the right thing to do.

Well that nail went in, with one slam of the hammer!

Well stated Dave,

It was good hanging out with your family at Eddyville and at the Series. You and your family/crew are First Class all the way!!

I sincerely hope we meet up again.

EDB

Nice move Justin, sometimes things come out that just shouldn't be typed, but I like your class in typing the apology. :cool:

Rapid

PS, I am not a "SMALL" guy, but I don't want Dave pissed at me,,,he is one BIG boy!! :D

PPS, How about Steve driving the wheels off that beast this weekend at Cordova,,,6.28!! Congrats to Dave and Rick on the tune up, and to Steve for keeping the pedal smashed!! :cool:

Thanks for that, Justin..that's cool beans.

Great stuff from your gang, Randy!! Congratulations on taking the win x 3!!

Justin, I know things are sometimes expressed in the heat of the moment, I appreciate the apology for both of us.
Dave Hough

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back