Does anyone know anything about the wrecks in Eddyville, IA (2 Viewers)

Luke McFarren

Nitro Member
I'm looking for any information about the Nanook AA/FA crashing and the AA/FA piloted by Jamie Kemp in Eddyville, IA the weekend of August 17-19.:(

I was wondering the same thing. Also, is that the same Nanook that crashed at G-ville in '06? That was pretty scary. :(

I believe the car that crashed is relatively new, the crash last year cost driver Rick Hough a hand. Rick's father Dave, the original driver, has posted here in the past. This is the first I heard of the latest crash, I hope the driver is OK.

Sorry guys, just saw this thread. Steve the Nanook driver is fine. It just got into the wall in the shut down area. It had just set LOW ET of the event, and he didn't get it slowed down enough. It got some frame rail and minor steering linkage damage is all.

In fact they are picking up the repaired car today from the chassis shop we hooked him up with. Then we will race with them again in Cordova this weekend at the World Series.

I don't recall the deal on the first wreck a couple of years ago. In Gainsville it was oil on the track, not the car or Rick's fault it crashed. I think is this case Steve just wasn't used to an 1/8 mile track. JMO

The Nanook car is a first class operation as well as all the people associated with it. These short wheelbase cars are NOT EASY to drive anyway. ;)

Rapid

I thought I would split up the responses. Jamie was released from the hospital. The latest info I have is he may have a cracked vertebra and needed a couple of days of physical therapy to be able to walk as he was extremley sore from the wreck.

He will need a new car from what I saw of his old one. He was talking to the safety crew after the accident and then taked to a local hospital, kept over night then to a larger hospital here in Des Moines for his PT.

I tried to contact him in the DSM hospital, but they were having some phone issues in certain rooms and his was one of them. I left a message on his cell and will let you know if I hear anything further before I leave for the World Series.

Rapid

Jamie was released from the hospital. The latest info I have is he may have a cracked vertebra and needed a couple of days of physical therapy to be able to walk as he was extremley sore from the wreck.

Rapid

I was worried about that, he had a sore back while I was helping the EMTs at the track.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

EDB

Why do they still run the Nanook? For real, its like every 3 to 6 months they crash that thing. One of these days he isint going to walk away. That thing is a death trap and an accident waiting to happen.

Can you give us the list of crashes "every 3 to 6 months" ? or you just talking out of your a$$

We are awaiting permission to post the crash videos... If we get permsiion I will post them here for you guys... The Nanook poeple are first class all the way..We hung out with them for about 3 or 4 hours saturday night at eddyville..

Eric and Rapid see you fellas tommorow...

These short wheelbase cars are NOT EASY to drive anyway. ;)

Rapid
In truth, these things are a tribute to Murphy's Law.:rolleyes: Randy, do you still have that cockpit video showing the "MINOR" steering adjustments you have to make to get that bad puppy down the track? That'll explain a lot!

I don't think so Mike. I will look around and see. :cool:

Good to see you here James. Good luck at John's Event.

Rapid

Randy,
I wish you guy's had a better outing last weekend. As for John's race I think were going to have a blast. Hopefully I can get the bugs out this car so we can run good for him. From, James

Why do they still run the Nanook? For real, its like every 3 to 6 months they crash that thing. One of these days he isint going to walk away. That thing is a death trap and an accident waiting to happen.

This is one of the finest examples of the ole saying, "you can let people think you are an idiot, or you can open your mouth and leave no doubt"

how many incidents have other teams had lately? Hmmmm? But you are such an expert in this, if I have any question in regards to a safe car, I'll consult with you.

Sometimes this forum has the vibe of an ignorant peanut gallery; the experts who sit in the stands that are loaded with their opinion of experience.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back