Does anybody think... (1 Viewer)

With the horrible tragedy in Tennessee, I doubt you'll see anyone adding Pro Mods to their shows. If anything, they'll be fewer events that have them participate. Once the legal process gets rolling there won't be many tracks that'll book them in. This very well may be the beginning of the end of Pro Mod...

I can't believe this thread I started - that had NOTHING:mad: to do with the F-ing Selmer incident - has created what might be the most ridiculous statement I've seen on this board!

About 5 years back an NHRA big wig said the NHRA would only be 4 classes. TF,FC.PS and PSB. I just can't remember who it was that said this and if he's the same guy who'll be running NHRA Pro. If they decide (no reason to believe this is going to happen) to have Pro only events you would think they would need another class or 2 to fill the time. Maybe PM and TFH? Or maybe Pro Jet eliminator? Just kidding!:D

You could be right Brian, but I'll bet ya dollars to donuts that NHRA turns away from this class. There may be some smaller bodies that still book the class in, but you won't see top tier organizations touch this class for a while. My guess is it'll be relegated to secondary tracks and events.

Remind me of my prediction a year from now and if i'm wrong, I'll be a man and admit it.

I guess you were unaware that Rockingham last year had to turn away fans per the fire marshall due to overcrowding for an ADRL PRO MOD event.

Not to be a dick but who goes to a NHRA event to see promods? You see a selected number of blown entries at nhra events..That is not promod racing..Go see one of events put on by the ADRL, WCPM, Outlaw Promods,TOMPA (Them TMW boys are bad ass) , and you will see true promod racing......

Not to be a dick but who goes to a NHRA event to see promods? You see a selected number of blown entries at nhra events..That is not promod racing..Go see one of events put on by the ADRL, WCPM, Outlaw Promods,TOMPA (Them TMW boys are bad ass) , and you will see true promod racing......
That's one of the things I enjoy most about the Vegas and Dallas meets are the AMS series so, in at least those instances, I go to NHRA events in part to see PM. Of course I've also gone to South Carolina and Kennedale just to watch 'em too but I'm just funny that way.

At any rate, anyone that thinks the subject of PM as a pro category in NHRA either hasn't been or won't be discussed by these folks is kidding themselves. I fell pretty certain that the success of Kenny's deal hasn't gone unnoticed. Whether or not they'll actually appear in the "new" NHRA deal is a different question altogether but if they pursue it and they're able to come up with a formula that will allow a fairly even playing field for the N2O racers (and perhpas turbo racers) then I predict they'll have drivers flocking to their events. The fans will be sure to follow.

I can't believe this thread I started - that had NOTHING:mad: to do with the F-ing Selmer incident - has created what might be the most ridiculous statement I've seen on this board!

And who in corporate America is going to sponsor Pro Mod or a Pro Mod car now? Especially when all the lawsuits start, naming anyone whose name is on the car. I'm afraid this incident will have more impact than some of you think. I love Pro Mod but I'm having serious doubts about its future.

And who in corporate America is going to sponsor Pro Mod or a Pro Mod car now? Especially when all the lawsuits start, naming anyone whose name is on the car. I'm afraid this incident will have more impact than some of you think. I love Pro Mod but I'm having serious doubts about its future.

Pro Mod doesn't currently & never has relied on "corporate sponsorship"...

Many are painting pro mod with a broad stroke just as others are complaining about the media painting drag racing as a whole, based on one incident.

My guess, to get back to the original point of the thread, is that there would be no way HD would add another pro class. If I was a pure profit interested investor, I would want focus my attention and investment in building the interest in the existing classes and drivers. Adding a new class just means that you would have to promote and pay an additional class. Being that there are generally only so many people that can be put into the grandstands and that TV time is limited, this would cut into profit and further dilute the existing classes and drivers. I think that there will be an attempt to greatly increase the purse and bonuses also, so I highly doubt the extra money will be laying around to add a class anyways. Unless, tickets go to the $100 to $150 per day range then I think you will not see any new classes, maybe there will be less. Pro Mod is great, maybe my favorite class, but I think its future, if any, in the NHRA will be limited to a pay to play exhibition series like it is today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back