ouch! (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Is it just me or does it appear to you guys that NHRA has set low ET and backed it up in the "stepping on their own Richard" eliminator for the 2008 Poweraid...no Full Throttle embarrassment tour.

What could possibly be next for those lovable mugs on Financial Way? Maybe we discover that Mike Dunn will have to return his Wallys because he failed to stop for the Drag Racing Royalty DNA test after the scales? Maybe we uncover a plan that just seeds John Force in every final round? Maybe NHRA approaches the pro teams for a 50% purse reduction to pay for the VP sticky stuff price increases....and didn't I see four barrels of a Chinese made traction compound in Force's Technology Center?

The hits just keep on coming. Any possiblity of bringing back Wally, Buster and Steve Gibbs?

Mark

Last edited:
Buster and Wally would take some supernatural help but Steve gibbs would be great. Also Dave mcClelland in the booth. If there was a way to do it.

The big question is can anybody have a say in what is happening. It may be that Don Schumacher has found the only way to have them over a barrel. ( intended) I am sure his intentions are for the good of the sport. He has nothing to gain.

NHRA has a hold on the sport that it has been formed to help. The question is ; have they become an organization that is just businessmen looking out for their own interest or do they truly care about the sport. There needs to be Drag Racers running the show for it to change. Those who love the sport more than themslves.

is it possible?

Maybe Big Daddy should be NHRA President. I would vote for it but I guess none of us have a vote.

Mike

Big Daddy is the icon of our sport, not sure he'd make the best president though.

We need a mix of racers and business type people to run the show. Having all one of the other will not work

Big Daddy is the icon of our sport, not sure he'd make the best president though.

We need a mix of racers and business type people to run the show. Having all one of the other will not work

Big Daddy being President not the best? It sure would be fun to watch though. Right or wrong there would be no question what was going on.
It would not be any worse than it is now. Everyone would have to talk louder though so there could be no secrets.

The problem is the businessmen have taken over. There needs to be more with a true heart for the sport.

mike

Absolutely, PJ. We all piss and moan about the entire deal being run by businessmen, but having it entirely the other way would be as big a disaster, if not bigger.

I'm with PJ. There needs to be a healthy mix.

Sean D

Isn't it odd though that the best competition director NEVER raced a car, yet what we have now has some "strip cred.":confused:

Mark

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back