Does anybody think... (1 Viewer)

StockersRock

Nitro Member
...that with this new NHRA PRO deal, that there's a possiblity of they would want to add the Pro Mods as a legitimate Pro class? Maybe with the same schedule, or one similar to the bikes? Just a thought...

No.

Although we all like the pro mods, most of them are basically just alcohol funny cars with doors and that would make the alky flopper guys pretty p.o'ed.

No.

Although we all like the pro mods, most of them are basically just alcohol funny cars with doors and that would make the alky flopper guys pretty p.o'ed.

I enjoy the alky classes as well, but I would take pro mod over them any day of the week. I think NHRA should add them and I think if they split the sportsmans and pros they will have to add the alky guys and pro mod b/c they will need something to be running during the downtime.

The ADRL draws more fans than any alky show or divisional that I have ever seen. And they cant use the free ticket escape deal anymore either b/c some of the divisionals are doing that now also. I think they should make them all pro classes. It takes alot of money and there is no return on it at all. The guys running alky do it b/c they want to. I know they jumped Hot Rod's ass when he said he didnt want to go alky racing b/c there was no benefit but he was right. If it wasnt for Evan half the alky pits wouldnt be there.

This is becoming another Skuza topic, if NHRA made Pro mod a Pro catagory the Alky classes would die fast! Why invest $500,000 to run for $5,000 to win when you can build a similar car and run for $10-15,000 to win? Anyone remember how much PST depleted Comp eliminator before they were ended?

I know, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to take this down the usual "Pro Mod as a Pro class", topic we seem to have here every six months. This was more in context to the new PRO ownership deal with HD.

If it wasnt for Evan half the alky pits wouldnt be there.

Are you referring to IHRA Alky class or NHRA alky class?

Just thought I'd ask.

As wonderful as Evan is to many people, that's a pretty bold statement made towards the NHRA Alky Class that has currently 198 cars between Flopper & Dragster in No. America.

No offense taken here but I bet a lot of guys in alky would argue big on that statement.

Nancy

Are you referring to IHRA Alky class or NHRA alky class?

Just thought I'd ask.

As wonderful as Evan is to many people, that's a pretty bold statement made towards the NHRA Alky Class that has currently 198 cars between Flopper & Dragster in No. America.

No offense taken here but I bet a lot of guys in alky would argue big on that statement.

Nancy

Nancy, if it wasnt for Evan the IHRA Alky class wouldnt exist anymore and he may not sponsor half of the cars in NHRA but you know he sponsors more than anyone else by far whether it be primary or associate deals. Evan is a god send for this sport. If it werent for him and Forrest Lucas there would be alot less quality teams out there racing and you cant argue that fact. Bye the way, Good Luck this year and hopefully your nitro deal works out good for you. I will see you in Dallas if your there.

No.

Excellent point Samuel.

With the horrible tragedy in Tennessee, I doubt you'll see anyone adding Pro Mods to their shows. If anything, they'll be fewer events that have them participate. Once the legal process gets rolling there won't be many tracks that'll book them in. This very well may be the beginning of the end of Pro Mod...

Excellent point Samuel.

With the horrible tragedy in Tennessee, I doubt you'll see anyone adding Pro Mods to their shows. If anything, they'll be fewer events that have them participate. Once the legal process gets rolling there won't be many tracks that'll book them in. This very well may be the beginning of the end of Pro Mod...

I think you are 100% WRONG. You ever heard of the ADRL? Apparently not.

Excellent point Samuel.

What!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!!

Sorta the same thing after Medlen's death....no more floppers running at any events. Could be the beginning of the end for the funny car :rolleyes:

Most people don't know the difference . All they hear on the news on this accident is a "dragster" or "highly modified car"......they wouldn't know a Pro Mod from Flopper if you were to show them a picture of each.

What!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!!

Sorta the same thing after Medlen's death....no more floppers running at any events. Could be the beginning of the end for the funny car :rolleyes:

Most people don't know the difference . All they hear on the news on this accident is a "dragster" or "highly modified car"......they wouldn't know a Pro Mod from Flopper if you were to show them a picture of each.

There was also the dire predictions of the looming death of diggers on this board after the Darrel Russell accident. They're still around, and doing well as far as I can see.

Excellent point Samuel.

Surely you are kidding?? It is only you who apparently associates the accident with the class as a whole.

Justin, thanks for the good wishes. We will be in Dallas, so it'd be great to meet!!!! :) please do come hang with us for a bit.

I agree with you in regards to IHRA 100%, but I know many, many, alky teams that are either self funded or have outside sponsors that don't carry one of Evan's stickers. Please don't get me wrong here, He's done so much, but heck he can't, nor wants, to support more than 1/2 the alky class in NHRA, I think there is around 20 cars, but I could be a little off on that number, not 1/2 the class. :eek:

And I agree, Forrest is a God send as is Evan. Racing is WAY better with them involved than without, that goes with out question.

I'm just challenging your first statement, that's all. :D:D

Surely you are kidding?? It is only you who apparently associates the accident with the class as a whole.

You could be right Brian, but I'll bet ya dollars to donuts that NHRA turns away from this class. There may be some smaller bodies that still book the class in, but you won't see top tier organizations touch this class for a while. My guess is it'll be relegated to secondary tracks and events.

As for the previous comparisons of my prediction with other predictions of the demise of Top Fuel and Funny Car...that certainly wasn't me. Top Fuel and Funny Car are the core classes of our sport and were never in danger of going away. Pro Mod on the other hand has never been a marque class at NHRA.

Remind me of my prediction a year from now and if i'm wrong, I'll be a man and admit it.

I see that you are not very familiar with the Pro Mod class as a whole, thus explaining your position. Saying NHRA will go away from Pro Mod is not stretch, as they are hardly associated with them as it is. NHRA/AMS is a very small portion of the Pro Mod world.

The drag racing world is much bigger than NHRA. To say that the "top tier" organizations won't touch the class. What are those organizations in your eyes?? ADRL is the premiere organization for Pro Mod, and the class has been a cornerstone of IHRA for many many years. The heart & soul of Pro Mod is independent races. Again, NHRA doesn't even recognize the class. Trust me, Pro Mod can survive without them.

And this incident will MOST DEFINATELY not be the beginning of the end as you put it.

If Clay Millican had driven through the front door of Graceland, would that have been the end of Top Fuel?

i was just wondering, but i dont think that people as a whole in nhra or ihra or what ever sanction you run understand what this does to us as a group. No of course not all racers do things of this nature, but it does leave a lasting impression in the minds of corporate America in wich we spend our time looking for funding. And without the proper funding there is no sanction for the cars to run. A good example, look at even knoll, if that was his car and we know the ramifications that could come of this display, he could stand to lose his company and then there would be a giant hole to fill and that doesnt come easy. I cant thank the companys enough for all the backing that we all benefit from in one way or another. The disagreements are in some ways all valid but we have to look to the future and get back the great name and reputation of the sport we love, and that goes towards all racing sanctions.

Re Evan Knoll sponsoring half the Top Alcohol field. Yes Evan does sponsor a large element of Top Alcohol, however, most, if not all, sponsored by him would still be running Top Alcohol with out him. GRANTED, NOT at the same level they do now. As has been said many times here, THANK YOU Evan!:)

Lee
Nitroclovers

Gage, good points.

I do not discount that this definately damages the image of drag racing as a whole to the general public.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back