Dixon/Worsham vs Langdon/AlBalooshi (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Ok Folks here goes, first without trying to demean anyone or team, or question their ability, one has to ask with AJ's team's dismal start after 6 races, how much of a difference would you think his 2 former drivers would have made in the results? I understand the perceived reasons the changes were made - Langdon's reaction time and AlBalooshi's money. Or does anyone think a competent driver (Langdon) should have similar results as Dixon/Worsham? I'm sure AJ has not forgot how to get down the race track and don't believe the personal have changed so what is the difference, or has the TF field become that more competitive? Light em' up!

AJ is struggling testing with a new combination right now. I'm sure he will figure it out soon. AJ is still the man!! The team is good, and will be just fine.

Haters will be haters though. (That wasn't a dig at you Jim)

Regards,

Mike.

I don't think Langdon got the seat because of his reaction times. At the Finals last year the word was Forest Lucas paid for the seat and also for AJ to consult on Morgan's tune up.

Hmmm--didn't Dixon fail to Qualify in his 1st outting with Al-Anabi? :confused:

(Doing my Rowdy Burns voice)
I believe it was the ah.. coil wire.. Wasn't it Cole??

I know we are beating a dead horse here... But... I have a feeling Langdon will be a winner multiple times before the year is out.

Last edited:
Ok Folks here goes, first without trying to demean anyone or team, or question their ability, one has to ask with AJ's team's dismal start after 6 races, how much of a difference would you think his 2 former drivers would have made in the results? I understand the perceived reasons the changes were made - Langdon's reaction time and AlBalooshi's money. Or does anyone think a competent driver (Langdon) should have similar results as Dixon/Worsham? I'm sure AJ has not forgot how to get down the race track and don't believe the personal have changed so what is the difference, or has the TF field become that more competitive? Light em' up!

Honestly, alBalooshi is showing signs of improvement, but it's on him that he gave a few away this year on the tree. I think he's over that stage. Langdon is doing excellent, they are not winning due to what's not in his control

I don't think Langdon got the seat because of his reaction times. At the Finals last year the word was Forest Lucas paid for the seat and also for AJ to consult on Morgan's tune up.

You think Forrest bought that seat for Shawn? That's the new funniest thing I ever heard.

Forrest is a HUGE supporter and spends a TON of money in the sport. He does it to have his name out there as much as possible. He Darn sure didn't give money to a car that doesn't have the Lucas shield on it and that runs another oil.

Alan

Threads like this make me laugh so hard milk comes out my nose.. and i havent drank milk in at least a week...lol..

There are 4 millon varibles in making a car go down the strip.... and some thing as simple as a slight difference in a batch of cluthcdisks can cause issues beyond belief.. no sayin that the issue this year.. just that any small item can change the whole deal

Last edited:
You think Forrest bought that seat for Shawn? That's the new funniest thing I ever heard.

Forrest is a HUGE supporter and spends a TON of money in the sport. He does it to have his name out there as much as possible. He Darn sure didn't give money to a car that doesn't have the Lucas shield on it and that runs another oil.

Alan

Agreed 100%......the man suports everything.. large and small.. and no matter how big or small it has a LUCAS logo on it...

If history repeats itself, and believe it or not, it does, it is only a matter of time. AJ can test all he wants as he only has to get in the top ten, then turn on his magic.

I remember in 2008 or 2009, Shoe & AJ were struggling at the beginning of the season...and even into the first half....THEN they got it all figured it out and won the Championship. This season seems no different except for the fact that there are two cars struggling now...coupled with the fact that Worsham & Dixon were very popular and Balooshi & Langdon are not so much. Because of these new issues, it makes a normal situation seem more than it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the changes in the Al Anabi team, HOWEVER, if you break it down, you will realize that this has happened before even with our favorite drivers on board.

I remember in 2008 or 2009, Shoe & AJ were struggling at the beginning of the season...and even into the first half....THEN they got it all figured it out and won the Championship. This season seems no different except for the fact that there are two cars struggling now...coupled with the fact that Worsham & Dixon were very popular and Balooshi & Langdon are not so much. Because of these new issues, it makes a normal situation seem more than it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the changes in the Al Anabi team, HOWEVER, if you break it down, you will realize that this has happened before even with our favorite drivers on board.

BINGO!! :D ^^^ There are three things to remember: 1. It's early in the season. 2. AJ WILL figure it out. 3. It's early in the season. I have every confidence you'll see wins from this team before long.

My take is that Alan is testing new stuff. With the limits on testing, someone as smart as he is can use the first half dozen or more races to test, then run the table on them when it counts.

That may be partially true, but the look on his face at the last few events tells me it's not quite so orchestrated. As good as AJ is, is anyone on this planet above being thrown a curve by a fuel car? Having said that, I agree that he and his teams will be fine in the long haul.

I think Alan is one of the best for sure! I think others have caught up to him,maybe he helped to many teams out??? Maybe he is testing new stuff to try and have a up on the competition now that they caught up? maybe lol

My take is that Alan is testing new stuff. With the limits on testing, someone as smart as he is can use the first half dozen or more races to test, then run the table on them when it counts.
That was my 1st thought too. Keep 1 car with a known set up-and try something different on the 2nd.

Great fuel minds have been known to look a past wins at the next frontier.

When I was working closely with the late Elmer Trett, he would show up at an event and be running better than two tenths on the rest of the field and never take a cylinder head off all weekend.

Then the next event, he would use up a motor a pass. Act like he didn't have a clue how to run one of them.

I would mention that, "last month you set the world on fire and never took a head off"

He would answer, "Oh I could go back and do that again, but that is not moving forward".

Get something to work, then change it and fight it until you got that to work, then change it again, etc. That is how he stayed so far out in front of everyone else.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back